Chapter 19

We're gonna ignore the fact that I'm writing this too many days too late, okay? okay.

Also; Loki is aged down in this, he's 17 in human years but doesn't go to school.

Peter; two weeks after the last part

I walk into school like I have every other morning this week but today feels... different? I can't really put my finger on it but something feels off. Like the energy of the building is deflated. Usually I'd find kids running about the halls and teenage boys running around with a football or basketball while teen girls gossiped by their lockers together. But today none of that is happening. The halls are silent. Everyone walking in sync with their eyes staring at the floor. I walk to my locker and I don't even see Ned or MJ there waiting for me like usual. I look over to the end of the hall on the wide tv screen that's impossible not to see. It shows a picture of.. Harry?

I feel my heart drop as I read the text by the photo. "Rest In Piece Harry Osborne. You were taken from this world too soon. You will be missed."

"No no no no no... no he can't be... No..." I mutter to myself as I slide down the wall of lockers. I pull my knees to my chest and hide my hed under my hood as I cry softly. "No..." I mutter once more in between two sobs. I sit there like that for about five minutes before I fell a hand on my shoulder. I look up hestiantly. I don't recognize the person at first but after a moment I do. It's not Ned or MJ, it's Loki.

"L-Loki?" I muster up the ability to speak. "W-What are you doing here?" He's disguised as a teen. He wears a green jacket which has soft fluff on the end of the hood and the ends of the sleeves with a black shirt underneath. With black jeans and combat boots to complete the look.

"Let's get you out of here little spider." He says softly before lifting me up and teleporting the two of us out of the building and to the compound in an instant. It happened so quickly that by the time I noticed it was happening we were already in the lounge of the building. For a moment we just stand there like that. With me in his arms and him holding me tightly, my head rested on his shoulder and his large large hand rested on my head as I cry silently.

"What the FUCK?!" We hear a voice say from behind us. I instantly know who it is, and I think Loki does too. Loki puts me down so I'm standing there beside him. Pops is furious, I can see it in just his expression. I understand why, and what it looked like with Loki holding me like that, but he was just comforting me after what happened.

"Pops it's not what it looks like-" I stammer out and Loki just looks at the floor looking ashamed for some reason. "Something happened, Loki came and got me from school.. he somehow knew something was wrong and he was helping me- that's it."

Pops sits down on the rounded sofa in front of Loki and I. He lets out a sigh and then looks at Loki, then me, with sorry filled eyes. "I'm sorry, I just assumed-" He started, "What happened Paig- I mean Peter?"

I am shocked by hearing him seeing my name and glad he finally did. But then remember why I'm here in the first place. The picture on the tv screen, the empty feeling in the hallway, the expressionless faces. I feel my eyes start to swell up again and tears start bluring my vision. "Harry he..." I try to say it but I can't. How could Pops not know about this though? He watches the news all the time, anytime someone is killed it's somewhere on the news, especially for a teen.

I feel Loki's hand rubbing my back in comfort, telling me it's okay. Then he finishes the sentence for me. "Harry osborne died, there was a fire, it happened less than 24 hours ago."

Pops lets out a gasp before getting up and walking over to me. "Oh sweetie.." Is all he can muster before pulling me into a hug. "I'll go call your dad and we can just hang out today alright?" He whispers and I let out a soft sob. I catch Loki standing to the side holding his hands together in front of him with his gaze focused on the floor again.

Dad then pulls away and pats my shoulders before leaving the room to call Dad. I turn to Loki who looks up at me as well. "How did you know...?" I asked breaking the silence of the room. 

"I saw it this morning, i get news updates on my phone, I wanted to go check on you at the school to make sure you were all right, then I saw you crying by your locker." He explains to me.

I wipe my tears, though its no use, "Thank you." I muster. I then go sit on the sofa again.

There's a silence in the room again before he changes the subject. "You know... I quite like this form. It makes me feel.. my age." He pauses for a moment before going on. "My brother explained to me that here, on midgard, I'm technically seventeen. This form I fell suits me, and there's easily a female form to this as well as an androgonys one which I admire."

I smile a little, "I like it too, it looks like it suits you."

I have to admit it's nice talking to Loki. Ever since I was little I was warned about him and so I never talked to him much. But now he's not bad, in fact he's kind and caring. He was just misunderstood back then, and still is by the people of New York. They can't see that during the attack he lead, he was actually being mind controlled himself. Of course no one knew that until a year after the fact. But now that I'm talking to him, and I know him, he's a lot different than what people make him out to be.

"L-Loki?" I say raising my pitch more like I'm asking a question. He looks at me curious as to what I'm about to say, "You're not as bad as a lot of people seem to think you are. I think we'll be great friends." I say with an assuring smile. This is nice, and getting my mind off of everything that's already happened today and it's not even noon yet.

"Thank you Peter." He says, his cheeks a flush pink that's hardly visable, but still there. I can tell he's been wanting to hear something like that for a while.

------------------

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this part, quick question though; would you like Peter and Loki start dating in future parts or would you prefer they just stay friends and watch as Loki becomes apart of Peter, Ned, and MJ's friendgroup?