Chapter 22

Peter-

A/N: I am not gender fluid nor do I know a lot about the topic so if i get anything wrong please tell me! I don't want to offend anyone.

My eyes open to see the bright light of the sun beaming through the tall windows of my room. I blink a few times to adjust to the light. I'm laying in my bed at the compound. I yawn tiredly and rub my eyes before sitting up. The events from last night are just coming back to me. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I hear a voice say, I sit up in the bed to see who the voice belonged to- Pops.

"Fine." I scoff. Yes I know that was a little rude but so was him kicking me out and y'know punching dad in the face. I lay back down in the bed so I don't have to look at him.

"Pai- Peter, i'm trying here." He insists, I hear his footsteps walk closer. "I've lost a friend before."

"Yeah well not for long you were iced out practically right after AND would ya look at that? He's still alive!" I yelled getting frustrated, now I know he could very well not be talking about Bucky but he never shuts up about how he lost Bucky on that mission and thought he was dead whenever a situation like this comes up. I sigh, I know I shouldn't have said that. "I'm sorry just... just leave me alone for now." I then pull the blanket over my head. I feel him pat my leg in comfort.

"Alright." He says solemnly before walking out.

After I hear the door close behind him I sit up in bed and let my feet dangle off the sound of the bed for a moment before getting up. I'm still in my clothes from last night. Once I stand up I feel a sharp pain in my back and chest area. shit. I slept in my binder. I walk over to the bathroom and take it off and replace it with a normal sports bra. I look in the mirror- which was a mistake- and sigh looking down at the wrong body I was born in. I look away and before heading back into my room I pull my 'I survived my trip to New York' T-shirt on over my shoulders. When I enter the room I see Loki sitting on the couch near my bed.

"O-Oh hi Loki" I say and she looks over at me, she is in her female form meaning she must be having a feminine day today. Her black hair is stands in a braid that goes down to her chest which has a few green streaks in it. She wears a white shirt and leather jacket with a black knee-length skirt and black ripped leggings. With her usual combat boots and silver chain necklace and horned headband to finish the look.

"Good morning Peter." She says walking towards me, I quickly notice the change of her voice, she made it sound higher- more femnine somehow. "Did you sleep well?"

She's now just two feet away from me over by the bathroom door, "Yeah slept great, did you bring me up here last night?" I ask to which she answers with a nod.

"Your dad called the school to catch you a break for a bit until you're ready to go back." She says, "Just figured you'd like to know." She gives a comfroting smile.

I'm silent as I stand there and rub my elbow and look at the floor, my heart sinks in my chest. Just mentioning it- it all hurts. I know we were broken up but Harry was still someone I had feelings for, they hadn't gone away in those two weeks, hell they're still there even with him gone. Those feelings won't go away any time soon will there?

Loki places her hands on my shoulders, I flinch a little at the weight of her hands. She frowns and her eyebrows furrow, "Are you alright?" She asks, her tone filled with worry but comfort.

I make my lips curve into half a smile though it's the last thing I want to do, "Yeah, i'm alright." I tell her as I look up into her eyes to assure her I'm telling the truth; even though I know I'm not.

I can see her disbelief in her face and her dissapointment of me not telling her the truth. Her eyes dim in their usual light as she takes a breathe. "Peter, I'm always here if you need me." She assures me, which I've known since that time we bumped into eachtoher in the kitchen here at the compound.

I nod and look back to the floor, my heart sinking further down in my chest as it stings in pain. She removes her hands from my shoulders and walks back over to the couch, assuming I'd follow. But I don't. I just stand there by the bathroom with me left arm crossed over my chest and my right holding it in place, rubbing my elbow. I watch as her hair sways back and forth behind her as she makes the short walk to the couch. When she sits down her hair stays up on the top of the couch behind her head. She looks over at me with surprise across her face and a hint of saddness. She was expecting me to sit next to her, I know it. But I don't want to sit, I just want all of this to go away. Go SOMEWHERE where none of this is happening. But I know that's not possible.

"Peter" Loki says, trying to break our silence but she says nothing after it.

"How's Harry's dad doing?" I ask hinting that i'd want to go see him.

"Peter." Loki says my name again, this time with more of a 'you don't need to see him' or 'don't worry about him right now' type of tone in the statement.

I give her a pleasding look, she knew what I wanted to do. She knew I wanted to go talk to Norman. Harry was my boyfriend and he knew that, he knows I'm trans. I want to talk to him about this because he's the only person who could possibly relate. "Please Loki, I need to talk to him. He'll understand how I'm feelling because he's likely feeling the same!"

She sighs as she still sits there on the couch, her right leg crossed over her left in a femine position. She shakes her head making me think she's going to say no but surprisingly she doesn't. "Alright fine I'll teleport us over there."

She got up from the couch and her staff apeard in her hand out of thin air as she walked over to me. She stood about two feet away from me again and green smoke flew around us both.