Chapter 7

Peter's POV:

I threw my duffle bag over my shoulder and my backpack over the other. I was ready to go to the compound. I started walking to my bedroom door to exit the large room, but the door opened reviling dad.

"Paige- I mean Peter..." He spoke solemnly, "Don't be mad at your Pops, he just doesn't understand yet."

"I can't be mad at him for kicking me out just for trying to be who I am?" I hissed.

"He what?" He asked confused.

"He kicked me out dad, I'm going to live at the compound, he doesn't want me and you just walked away from the conversation entirely." I grunted.

"Peter just let me talk to him, we can figure this out, come to a comprimise you don't have to leave." He pleaded.

"The comprimise IS me leaving, Pops doesn't want me here and I don't want to be somewhere i'm unwanted. I love you dad, but I have to go..." I sighed and brushed past him to walk over to Bucky and Bruce who were in the living room waiting for me.

Bruce wrapped his ar around my shoulders when I got over to him and Bucky, "Ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded without saying anything and the three of us walked to Bruce's car. I got in the back seat while Uncle Bruce and Bucky sat in the front. Bruce was driving and Bucky sat in the passenger seat. Dad came outside and waved while Bruce drove out of the long driveway. Bucky looked back at me as a glared out the window. "Natasha got your room all ready at the compound for you when we get there." He stated with a smile.

I looked at him with concern in my expression, tears filled in my eyes as I relized everything that had just happened. None of it seemed real until that moment. "Does she.." I muttered.

"No kiddo, that's not for me to tell." He assured.

"Thank you uncle Bucky." My voice shook and I let out a sob, "I really didn't think this would happen..."

"Yeah, me either kid..." Bruce cut in with a sigh as he focused his attention on the road. We were about fourty-five minutes from the compound.

Most of the ride was silent, none of us could say anything anymore. Uncle Bucky and Uncle Bruce didn't know what to say, and I knew that if I said anything I'd end up sobbing more. I pulled out my phone and my earbuds and blasted my playlist in my ears at full volume- which I know isn't exactly healthy- but I needed it.

I watched the trees blur together as Bruce drove, it was only noon so it wasn't going to be dark when we got to the compound. My phone died when we were still fifteen minutes away. I wrapped up my earbuds and put them in my backpack. I then slouched in my seat with the seatbelt pushing up against me. "Do you think Pops will ever accept me...?" I muttered. I looked in the mirror to see my Uncles' faces, both frowned with unsureness in their eyes.

"I'm sure he will Pete, just- give him some time." Bucky replied as I leaned my head against the window, feeling it hit against the glass lightly from the small bumps in the gravel road.

"Right..." I sighed.

"Peter, how long did it take you to come to terms with your gender?" Bruce cut in.

"I dunno- a few months maybe?" I responded.

"This is new to your Pops, he always saw you as his daughter, it took you time to see that you're a boy, you just have to give him that same time to see that you're his son." He advised.

I had to admit, what he said did help, and made me feel better. "Thanks Uncle Bruce." I smiled.

There was a moment of silence before Bucky spoke up, "So, Wanda will be there when we get there. She wanted to be there to see you, she doesn't know why you're staying at the compound though."

"I thought Wanda had a mission from Fury to do?" I questioned.

"Fury had someone else do it, don't worry about it okay?" Bruce cut in.

I smiled, I had to admit it was going to be nice to have Wanda there. She's been like a sister to me ever since I met her. I was still yet to come out to her. I always wanted to, but any time I went to the compound to visit, she had a mission. Then when she'd come to the tower and come visit me, Dad and Pops were around the whole time so I never got to. I was really excited to see her, and then come out to her.

Then the large building came into veiw after going miles of seeing nothing around. We pulled into the driveway by the entrance and the building glimmered from the sun light. A smile appeared on my face, it had been at least six months since I last went to the compound. It was almost like the reason I was there had to effect on how glad I was to be there. I got out of the car with my backpack and Uncle Bucky had already grabbed my duffel bag. The three of us then went inside.