" Goodbye Princeton "

Jac woke up the next morning expecting to find her fluffy pink bedroom sheets, her forever buzzing iPhones, and her mother bitching on the first floor about Steve not making one of her margaritas correctly. So, she was startled when she sat upright and found herself staring at a Picasso pastel painting in her hotel room.

Groaning from a hang over, Jac rolled over on her side, clumsily pushing a brass knob on the bed end table that was actually  a button for room service.  After ordering a small - fat free- breakfast muffin basket. She stumbled off of the soft comforters of the hotel bed and slipped into her black Jimmy Choos that she had thrown carelessly the night before.

She checked her phone, squinting in the glare of the bright screen, only to see drunken texts from everyone who had attended the party. Yet there were no texts from Damon apologizing for being a jerk - despite the front she'd put on last night, she had been looking foward to some kind of apology.

Then there was five missed calls from Jeffrey Lexington who was probably worried sick about her whearabouts. 'Good,' Jac thought bitterly. 'He deserves it.'

A knock on the door forced Jac's attention away from her phone. Smoothing out the hem of her dress that had been constantly slipping up last night, she opened the door to see Blake Evans holding her muffin basket, wearing the Beverly Wilshire uniform.

"Didn't know you delievered too." Jac said blandly, taking the basket from his hands and observing the delicate baked goods inside. She took in the aroma, realizing just how hungry she was.

"Its my job." Blake shrugged and Jac noted how perfect his blonde spikes were. 'He has to use some kind of gel then.' Blake was nowhere near as buff as the Lacrosse players yet his medium build fit his boyish smile and his mischeivous twinkling brown eyes.

Blake didn't move to leave and Jac sighed. "Yes?"

"You asked about Steve last night," He said. "Why?"

Jac searched her scattered thoughts, trying to remember exactly what she'd said. That was the one thing she loved about hangovers. Sure, they were annoying as hell but at least - if you're lucky - you get to forget all the mistakes you'd made the previous night.

Jac ran a hand through her hair, thinking over the events of the Lexington household before shutting it out again. "It doesn't matter," She decided. After all, nothing was going to reverse what had happened. Her family was torn apart like a dollar bill ripped right through the middle.

Blake rubbed the small stubble on his chin, looking up at the cieling thoughtfully. "I was also up here to tell you - oh yeah, someone named Eve Lexington made a request for a Jacqueline in this room."

"Thats me." Jac sighed. She was not fit to see her mother. She looked like she'd been in a porno of Girls Gone Wild. 

"Jacqueline?"

"I go by Jac." She said quickly, hating how long and proper her full name was.

Blake gave her a smile. "Well, I'm Blake."

"Your name tag makes that clear." Jac replied brusquely and then realized how bitchy that had sounded.

"Well, she's waiting at the pool side bar."

Jac heaved another sigh, trying to balance her muffin basket and iPhone. However, she was far too feeble to do so and just as her phone dropped - Blake caught it reflexively, a wide grin on his face, and handed it to her. "How about I help you with the basket?" He told her, not even waiting for a response as he took the basket from her arms.

Jac realized she had been gaping at his grin and she quickly forced herself into a cool, calm posture. "Thanks, thats what you're supposed to do."