" The Dinner From Hell "

The Italian Scarpetta restaurant was lit in shimmering gold lights overhead the five star dining. Red dining couches, dark wooden tables, and red candles that gave a romantic setting. However, the conversation taking place in front of Jac was hardly romantic at all.

Apparently, what had started out as an intimate business dinner was a group outing. Matthew Felix sitting next to the broad windows overlooking the busy streets as if he were an english monarch, Damon and Erika sitting across from her, both pretending they didn't have a sibling, Teddy and Leah Anderson along with their daughter, Addie - and Jeffrey and Eve sitting side by side, portraying a happy A-list couple.

Jeffrey was intent on trying to sell Matthew on a marketing idea; advertising Matthew's company with a Superbowl commercial of Nicki Minaj twerking to music wearing his sports gear. Mr. Felix didn't look the least bit amused.

"Jac, I-I-I...." Addie stammered beside her. The girl was dressed in a tacky Eliza J crepe fit and flare dress along with Gucci flats that had been out of season since 2005. Jac always cringed evey time she was forced to look at the girl's awful pink-dyed pixie cut that contrasted horrendously with her pale skin and brown eyes.

If Addie had been trying to be noticed, she wasn't getting good attention.

"I-I-I.." She cleared her throat. "I like your....your, um, dress."

Jac looked down at her simple yet fancy black lace Maggy London illusion dress with pride. She had worn matching black Jimmy Choo kitten heels to compliment her lush red lips and elegant bun. She knew she looked good. Damon's conspicuous glances were proof of that - or he was looking at her because her whole ensemble was off and she looked horrible. "Thanks, Addie." She gave her a reassuring smile although there was no genuiny in it.

Erika Felix scoffed at the girls' exchange from across the table but didn't say anything snide. She was too busy trying to keep up with her father's conversation.

A waitress dressed in a red knockoff cocktail dress came by with their orders; expensive wine - water for the teenagers - and Duck Foi Gras Ravioli spaghetti. She wore a toothy smile as she set Damon's plate down and Jac couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of jealousy. As the woman moved over to hand her her plate, she ever so slightly kicked her Marc Jacobs leather clutch gently to the side with her Jimmy Choo, letting the woman trip over it.

The waitress let out a small cry as she nearly ran into the table of Bill Gates. "I'm so clumsy today!" She chuckled nervously, causing others who watched the spectacle to laugh.

No one at their table seemed amused besides Teddy Anderson, who sported a bald spot and a slight beer belly in his Paul Smith wool suit. Erika shot her a knowing smirk before taking a delicate bite of pasta. Jac quickly looked down, instantly hating herself for doing something so rash.

"Just to steer away from the business talk," Eve Lexington spoke up, looking like an Asian goddess in a BCBG MAXARIA flowing scarf high-low dress and luxurious jewelry. "I've heard quite a lot about the Lacrosse event against East Preparatory School. " She gave a pointedly glance towards Damon.

Jac rolled her eyes. Eve never missed an opportunity to humiliate Damon. She hated him ever since she'd found out they had been dating.

Damon froze, eyes wide for only a fraction of a second before relaxing into an un-betraying smile. "I wasn't there to witness it since I had other commitments but I heard it was an outstanding win."

Eve raised an eyebrow and Jac wondered how she could be her mother. She was nothing like her. Hell, she could be Erika's mother. "Commitments? Why, I heard you made most of the goals."