" Gossip Is All The Rage "

Reluctantly, Damon Felix drove his Rolls Royce to school. It used to be his favorite but since it was now, officially, a year old, it needed to be replaced. He could usually ask his father when he wanted new things but he knew that was out of the question after his false car robbery with the cops.

Within ten minutes of driving, he was at Alabaster Preparatory School, or as his sister referred to it, the kingdom.

The school could be mistaken for an English-styled castle that screamed 'old money'. Alabaster Prep, with its towering circular halls with single, white bold letters indicating the school's very own cafe, classes organized by grade, and the many offices. Beyond the wide parking lot full of Priuses and Lambos was the Lacrosse field that covered acres and the indoor gym set aside for sports like Cheer and Basketball.

Damon spotted the usual group by one of the large white pillars, lounging around the grand stairs that led to one of the halls; Brett Richers, Seth Montador, and Chris Edwards. To the school, they were the most gorgeous, well endowed Sophomores in the school. Girls wanted to take them home to daddy and guys wanted to push them down the grand staircase they stood upon.

However, to Damon, they were just a bunch of retards that had nothing better to do.

"What happened to the corvette you were talkin' about?" Brett Richers asked lazily and from the red flecks in his unusually green eyes - that girls usually fawned over - Damon could tell he was high off of who knows what.

"Yeah, I thought that was your new ride." Seth said.

Chris snickered. "Yet you're still running around in last year's ride."

"Look at your damn car, Chris," Damon said brusquely. "You're driving  a jeep in January." Although, Chris was his friend, he was starting to become very irritable. Damon suspected it had something to do with the game against East Preparatory Scool - their biggest rival - that was fast approaching.

The game was important. Not only were they against their most hated rival but scouts were going to be there and Juniors snagging a spot at Harvard or Dalton wasn't entirely unheard of.

"I got up late." Chris grimaced.

"And apparently chose a fucked up car." Damon snorted.

There was a stare down between the two boys; Chris smirking profoundly and Damon glaring. There was just something about Chris that gave him the urge to punch him in the face.

"Damon!" A squeal interrupted them, causing Chris to tear his eyes away. Damon got little pride from winning that stare down. Veronica Conrad, the tall Russian beauty from a boarding school in New York, who made quite a splash with the guys of Alabaster after a scandalous Victoria's Secret spread. "I knew I'd find you here."

"I'm always here." Damon shrugged.

"Well, me and my friend Addie," She gestured to the pink-haired cheerleader behind her who was so silent that none of the boys realized she was even there. "wanted to take a look at your corvette."