" Lies Over Truth "

"Don't stop, get it, get it, come on, lets win it, win it, ooohhh, ahhhh!"

Jac tried not to concentrate on the annoying bellows of the Alabaster cheerleaders on the Lacrosse field. They were all in formation, screaming to the top of their lungs for their far-too-beautiful Coach; Miss Wrylers or whom everyone else called Jessica.

At the very center of the annoying cheer was Lindsey Wellington. executing splits and complicated flips like she was Karate Kid. Although she was a wannabe, Jac had to admit that the girl had talent.

Jac was running around the field on the wide track laid out for the track team, her Nike roshes kicking up the dirt around her. She loved running but only joined the Track team to account for Alabaster Prep's athletic requirement when everyone was on a PE - less semester. 

Usually she would run with Benny Costa - who was much faster than her - but today she ran by herself. 

"Jacqueline Lexington!"

Jac could barely look behind her and she definitely wasn't going to stop running for Erika Felix  and Veronica Conrad who were walking along the barely visible path around the field. Erika was frowning at the dirt flecks around her, obviously worrying about her Christian Louboutin shoes.

"Jac, I know you hear me!"

With a tired sigh, Jac forced herself to stop, nearly tripping over her own feet in the process. She could feel sweat beads running down her face. Her once neat bun was loose curls in front of her eyes and she hastily pulled out her hair band, letting the curls fall loosely down her back.

"God, you look like my mother after she got off a jet." Veronica giggled.

Jac didn't laugh along. Veronica was just another one the people on her list of those she couldn't trust. She didn't like how close Veronica and Damon had looked coming to their table at lunch. Then again, she didn't like really anybody right now.

"Are you going to the mall with us?" Erika asked, placing her hands on her hips as if she were a Vogue model.

Just after last period, Jac had gotten a text from Steve, making it very clear that Eve was serious about her 'no Damon' rule. She even insisted that Jac come straight home after track practice. It was torture not be with Damon and Jac again had to push away her nagging worries of him finding someone else to hang out with instead - like a prettier girl.

"I can't," Jac sighed. "I'm kind of in trouble."

"Because of the party?"  Veronica gasped.

"Aren't you mad at Damon for getting you in trouble?" Erika pressed as if she were trying to conjure up some anger inside of her. "Oh are you just gonna let him slide as usual?"

Jac rolled her eyes, crossing her arms tightly. "I'm not letting him slide with anything."