" The Auction From Hell "Part 1

The Spring Debutante Auction; in which every member of high society dressed up in the most formal luxurious dresses and custom-made suits, put on their best smiles and small talk, and bought whatever was ridiculously expensive and unnecessary. Erika loved the auctions for this reason, it brought out everyone's best appearances and behavior - because screwing up at such a elite public event was ludicrous and stupid. In fact, she preferred the more elegant events over the rowdy expensive house parties the preparatory kids were known to throw.

Every Spring, the relevant would gather together at the Greystone Mansion, buying million dollar mansions and vacation homes, vintage or custom-made cars, artifacts, and even clothing. Where did the money go? The cover story was that every penny given was donated to the city districts of Beverly Hills and Hollywood. 

However, a real socialite would know that the money went straight into the pockets of selfish businessmen to fund their expensive lifestyles. Erika knew this because Matthew Felix was one of the men who benefited along with Mr. Anderson and Headmaster Vanderbit.

Not only was the Auction know for its lavish items and scandalous background but it was also widely known for the drama the elite guests always brought with them. Last year, Donatella Versace had come to the event drunk and made a spectacle of herself. Not to mention Mr. Edwards had been caught with a way-too-young supermodel in front of everyone - but Mrs. Edwards forgave him of course.

The Spring event took place at Greystone Mansion; the luxurious park that gave the best city views of Beverly Hills which was also known as a tourist must. However, that morning the venue was closed off from the public - and opened up to the Elite for the Spring Debutante Auction.

Red carpets were laid out through the breathtaking parkways, the mansion was lit up in shimmering gold lights despite the sun shining down on it. The fountains sizzled out more enthusiastically than it ever had, and paparazzi were scouring the premises to catch photos of incoming designers and celebrities.

The entertainment? Burlesque dancers prancing around the large center velvet stage, gold curtains draped high up above them. Not to mention the angel-like figures hanging above the glossy gold ballroom floors, cushioned red chairs, and elaborate tables, were actually real people.

Now where was Erika in all this wonderful chaos? She was at home, walking back and forth in the Felix dance studio, every now and then kicking the Marilyn Monroe piano in frustration. 

She was Erika Felix for crying out loud. What was a Spring Debutante Auction - or any event for that matter - without Erika Felix? Yet she was reluctant in disobeying her father. She didn't want him to be angry with her, not after all the trouble she'd caused him.

Sure, he had turned on her credit cards - she had gotten a manicure and eyebrow procedure immediately - but it just wasn't satisfying. He was still disappointed in her and had only cut her back on so she could "leave him alone".

"Erika, is it okay to come in?" She heard Griselda,'s annoying voice from behind the studio door.

Rolling her eyes, Erika mumbled back her 'okay' and without another warning, Griselda sauntered through the door, the usual 'I-don't-want-to-be-here-but-I-need-something-to-support-me' look on her face. Griselda's grumpy expressions always had whole stories to them.

Erika hadn't been expecting Veronica Conrad, however, to come in with the maid. Dressed to perfection in a revealing Thakoon green cut-out gown that made her look like Ariel thanks to her reddish brown hair, Veronica looked like a Debutante ready to be crowned.  

"I said no visitors, Griselda!" Erika screeched but only because she just wanted to be a bitch. She had actually been expecting Veronica to come at some point.