Outcast Island (Again)

When I said we could go fishing, that's NOT what I expected! Merlin fumed, coughing up water after Fischstäbchen's little dive.

Fischstäbchen chuckled and dragon chuckle with his mouth full of fish, I'm a hungry dragon. Would you like a fish?

Merlin sighed. Dragons, he thought. No I would not like a fish.

Suit yourself,

. . . 

This was an awkward situation. The screams of Dragon hunters could be heard over the conflict. Boats were burning. Dragons were firing. Everyone was fighting. And Merlin and his dragon were peacefully fishing-ish. Perfect timing. Right?

" Hey Merlin! What's up with you?" Tuffnut shouted over the turmoil.

" Why are you wet?" Ruffnut asked.

Merlin sniggered. " Nothing! It's just..... bonding with my dragon! I don't really know why I offered to join you guys..... you clearly don't need my help!" Merlin said. Fischstäbchen was now tossing fish up into the air like rag dolls and playing fetch with them.

" Ya know," Tuffnut began, " It really looks like you are the one who needs help man," He laughed at Merlin's situation. 

" No! I can handle my own problems! Don't worry about me!" Merlin said hastily. 

" I wasn't worried, or going to help you," Tuffnut said.

" Yeah, we like to let people handle their own issues, unless it's our issues. Then we dump all our trash on everyone else and let them deal with it," Ruffnut said. " Have fun!"

The twins turned around and flew away on their two headed dragon.

" How very thoughtful of them...." Merlin sarcastically muttered to himself. He turned to follow the twins after hastily talking to Fischstäbchen to stop him from playing fetch. 

The shouting had stopped. The boats were still burning, but it looked like the dragon riders had rounded up most of the hunters although some of them managed to escape. The twins and Merlin landed on the island where the others were already.

" Merlin! Glad to see you're alright. I didn't see you at all!" Hiccup said cheerfully.

" Oh well that's because he was having his own adventures," Tuffnut sniggered.

" He called it bonding time," Ruffnut said.

Hiccup gave a questioning look.

" Don't ask," Merlin shrugged.

Hiccup nodded. "So  how good are you with a sword Merlin?" 

Merlin cringed. " Let's just say it's not my go to," he shrugged.

" Not comfortable with a sword? Here have a mace," Hiccup suddenly tossed him a weapon. 

Merlin clumsily caught it. " Great," Merlin gritted through his teeth. 

" So guys, here's the plan," Hiccup said. " We're going in, we need to see if the guards are alright. Be careful," He said. He turned around, closely followed by Toothless.

They entered the prison. Merlin told Fischstäbchen to stay outside. There were stone tunnels leading in different directions. Hiccup silently motioned for them to split up, but call if they found anyone. Merlin went with the twins and Snotlout.

The prison was dark and damp. A musty smell filled the air and some moldy bread was on the ground. A dozen cells lined the walls, all of them empty. Everything was quiet.

" Did you guys catch the prisoners?" Merlin said quietly.

" No, or at least I didn't see anyone," Snotlout said, " Which is odd, as we were able to get all of the dragon hunters....... or at least we thought, but anyway—"

" Shhh!" shushed Merlin suddenly. " I hear something around the corner!"

Their pace slowed. As quiet as mice they stalked toward the stone corner.

" Ready?" Merlin whispered. 

The others nodded. Merlin held up his fingers. Three...... Two....... One...... On cue they sprung from the corner weapons raised.

" Mhhhhhh!!!" A muffled voice shouted.

Merlin and the others immediately lowered their weapons. Lined back to back were four prison guards tied together and gagged. 

" We found someone!" Snotlout bellowed, running from the area.

Merlin and the twins quickly cut the guards free. While Snotlout came back with the Hiccup and the others..

" Thank you," One of the guards grunted once he was untied.

" What's your name?" Hiccup asked.

" Geoffrey," the stout, black bearded guard said.

" Geoffrey, ok. What happened here? Where are the other prisoners?" Hiccup queried.

" Well, I don't know, to be honest," Geoffrey said rubbing his head.  " The last thing I remember was doing my rounds when I got hit the head from behind. Then, I just woke up tied to these blokes and all the prisoners were gone!"

" You don't remember anything else?" Hiccup asked. 

The guard shook his head.

" Argh," Hiccup sighed. " They must of been a distraction!" He huffed pacing back and forth. "They must of had a large fleet, the prisoners must of been gone before we had arrived. The hunters that were left were probably just to hold us up...... Argh, they'll be long gone by now," 

" Then what now?" Astrid asked putting a hand on Hiccup's tensed shoulder.

" I guess we fly back to Berk, we will need a plan. I'm guessing the rest of the Dragon Hunters are going to their fort," Hiccup said. " Do you think you can take care of Outcast Island?" Hiccup said to Geoffrey.

" Yes sir!" Geoffrey saluted.

" Great, thanks. Come on guys!" Hiccup beckoned.

. . . 

The sky was dark and the ride was quiet. Nobody talked. Only the wind whispered faintly. Everyone knew Hiccup was frustrated by the look on his face.  Merlin was pretty sure Hiccup was brainstorming, thinking of the best way to take down his enemies. He just seemed like that kind of dude. 

They had been flying for a while now. Merlin caught a glimpse of Berk far off in the distance shrouded by a heavy mist. It grew thicker, and darker. Merlin coughed and so did the others. This was not normal fog. No, Merlin thought, this is smoke. The sound of shouts of panic filled the air. Hot gusts of wind burst through. This wasn't good.

Berk was on fire.

Notes

Mahhahahahhahahhahahahha I'm burning BERK! Yeah I ain't insane at all......... I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorta just letting my brain think whatever and just writing it down. Have a nice day. Don't die. Goodbye!