Dragon Riders

" Snotlout! What are you doing!" 

Merlin looked up and saw a skinny, brown haired man running up to the dragon rider on his orange dragon. 

" I-I-uh met this dude-uh, he's not a dragon hunter, but he-uh," Snotlout started babbling.

" My name's Merlin," Merlin introduced himself, offering a hand to the brown haired man.

" Hiccup Haddock," Hiccup returned, shaking Merlin's hand. " And this is Snotlout," he pointed to the rider fiddling with his horned Viking helmet.

" Yeah! That's me, I'm the Snot!" Snoutlout babbled.

Merlin chuckled a bit. " Well it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. I mean no harm to dragons, they are magnificent creatures."

" They are indeed!" Hiccup agreed. " Oh and this is Toothless!" A dark black dragon bounded towards Hiccup rubbing his face against Hiccups side. 

Merlin stared into the dragons dazzling green eyes. " Amazing," he whispered, reaching out his hand to touch the dragon.

" He is." Hiccup said. " He's a Night Fury, and sadly he might be the last of his kind."

" Why?" Merlin asked.

" Dragon hunters and Vikings have hunted them to near extinction," Hiccup replied.

" There are more of them!" Merlin exclaimed, anger boiling up inside him. 

" Unfortunately there are. We've been trying to help dragons in any way we can. We've freed a lot of dragons, but we haven't been able to take control of the Hunter's base," Hiccup explained.

Merlin sighed. Aithusa limped over to his side, nuzzling Merlin's hand with her face.

" Who is this?" Hiccup asked gesturing to Aithusa.

" Her name is Aithusa," Merlin said.

" She's beautiful," Hiccup said, admiring the pearly white scales.

Suddenly, more figures came into view. A blue, spiky dragon swooped down and landed next to them. A blond haired girl with electric blue eyes leaped off of her dragon. 

" Hey Hiccup, who's you're new friend!" She exclaimed.

" Merlin, this is Astrid Hofferson!" Hiccuped introduced. 

" A pleasure to meet you," Merlin said.

 Off a green, two headed dragon, two siblings, twins, or what Merlin thought were twins, ambled gleefully to them. 

" The name's Ruffnut, Mr......" 

" Merlin."

" Ah! Yes. And over here is my bro Tuffnut," A blond haired girl wearing a green tunic said.

" Tuffnut Thorston at your service!" Ruffnut's brother, who looked remarkably similar to his sister, said dramatically with a deep unnecessary bow.

Lastly a broad, stout man with short blond hair wearing tiny helmet introduced himself.

" The name's Fishlegs. It's a pleasure to meet you," Fishlegs said.

" Same for all of you!" Merlin replied happily. " Your dragons are all so fascinating!"

" You won't ever meet a two-headed dragon quite like Barf and Belch!" Tuffnut exclaimed merrily.

Merlin snorted. Who names their dragon Barf and Belch? 

" How about your dragon! I've never seen a dragon quite like that before!" Fishlegs asked curiously.

" Oh, Aithusa? She's sadly the last of the Great Dragons," Merlin hung his head sadly remembering the death of Kilgarah shortly after Arthur's.

" The Great Dragons?!" Fishlegs exclaimed. " I've read about them! They were said to be able to speak and could live for thousands of years! Can Aithusa speak?"

" I haven't heard her speak. She was captured when she was little and I think her vocal chords may have been damaged. So I'm afraid she may never be able to talk," Merlin responded.

" I'm sorry," Fishlegs said pitifully. " She's a beautiful dragon though."

Merlin smiled. " She is."

" Hey guys, it's going to get dark soon. We should head for Berk before it gets to late!" Astrid cut in.

" Berk?" Merlin asked.

" That's our village." Hiccup explained. " You are welcome to come with us if you like. Where are you from?" 

" Oh, I'm from Camelot," Merlin said.

" Camelot?" Hiccup asked. " Camelot is very far from here."

" Well I've decided to travel around a bit," Merlin explained. " I'm was actually on a mission."

" A mission?"

" Yes, to find the rest of the dragons!" Merlin said. " I thought they were all extinct,  but it looks like there were more out there after all!" 

" You have no idea," Hiccup laughed. " Come with us! On our island, Dragons and humans live together in harmony!" 

" I would be delighted to come, but I'm afraid I can't ride Aithusa. She is too small."

" That's alright, you can ride with me and Toothless. Aithusa can fly alongside us." Hiccup said.

" Alright!" Merlin exclaimed.

With that, the riders and Merlin saddled up and flew away into the sunset.

Notes

Hmmmmm. Hi. Again. Another chapter. Yeah. I don't really know what to say in these notes. Idk why I keep writing them. Well. Goodbye. Comment if you want to. See ya later. Hope you liked it.