An Island

Sailing across the open ocean in a tiny boat wasn't the smartest idea. Waves thrashed the sides of Merlin's vessel and it took a lot of his concentration and magic to keep the boat from capsizing. His urge told him to sail north. His connection to Aithusa felt stronger the farther north he sailed. He knew he must be getting closer. 

The sun began to sink over the horizon. He had been at sea all day. Orange and blues adorned the cloudless sky. It was a beautiful sight. Nature at its finest. But Merlin had other things to worry about. He hoped that Aithusa was alright. Who knows what those brutes have done to his Aithusa. He also definitely didn't want to be trapped on this tiny boat in the middle of the ocean while it was night. But if he couldn't find land, he would have to make due, even if it meant he would have a sleepless night.

Merlin looked drearily at the sunset. No land yet, but he felt he was getting closer. Merlin watched thoughtlessly as bird swept over his boat. Wait, a bird. Birds normally don't fly far away from their homes. He must be close to an island. Maybe I won't have to spend the night here after all, Merlin thought. His magic propelled his boat after the bird. 

Something appeared in the distance. Green and welcoming. Land. Merlin smiled. He couldn't wait to have dry earth beneath his feet again. The bird flew away into the trees, and Merlin hauled his boat onto a sandy beach. He was exhausted. Collapsing onto the sand, Merlin admired the now completely darkened sky. It was not all black though. Stars danced above, twinkling and laughing at Merlin from the heavens. Merlin closed his eyes, too tired to think. It wasn't long before he drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Notes

Whelp, this was nothing but a bunch of useless exposition. Nothing really happened in this one. But...... hope you liked it anyway.