The Vision

Two weeks later...

" What will it be young man?" The female server said.

" A tankard of mead, please," Merlin replied smiling shyly at the woman running the tavern.

For two weeks he had just traveled around, not knowing exactly where he was going. Walking through forests and hiking mountains.  He knew deep in his heart there were more dragons out there. Somewhere in the vast beyond. He would find them. 

The woman placed jug of mead on the table. The woman looked at him expectingly. Merlin fished out a coin from his bag and handed it to her. Satisfied, she walked away. Merlin sipped his mead slowly. Where are they, Merlin thought. He shook his head. They were out there, he knew it. 

Suddenly, he felt a strong tug on heart. His vision blurred. Everything was fuzzy. Colors. Trees. His vision cleared. Buff men stood around him, cackling, ropes in their hands. He wasn't in the tavern anymore. Merlin's leg hurt. He looked down but what he say surprised him. Scales. White scales. He wasn't human. In his scaly leg the tip of an arrow, gleaming with a green substance, protruded. He felt incredibly weak. He tried to flap his wings but to no avail. He was paralyzed. The men closed in on him. He tried to cry out, but only a feeble roar came. His vision blurred again. He was back in the tavern. Cold and shivering after the vision. His mead had splattered to the floor. Merlin felt dizzy, but he could only think of one thing. Aithusa.

Notes

Cliffhanger! Hi again. Aithusa is in trouble! Hoped you liked it.