Anything From The Trolley Dears?

The rest of winter break flew by almost unnoticed. It was a whirlwind of dates with Vincent, to which he always came with some kind of fun surprise, and a warm bonding experience with my mom, who seemed to miss me a lot because when I wasn't out with Vincent she would pull me aside to do something with her. Not that I complained about it, it was rather fun actually. I managed to convince her to go out flying with me, and she agreed, reluctantly, but agreed. With a quick anti muggle charm, we were able to fly over my town and do some sightseeing.

By the time I had to leave for the platform, I felt almost reluctant to go, with the amount of fun I was having. The thought of hanging out with my friends, however, made me excited to get back to school.

"Now remember, be careful," My mom said, patting off the nonexistent dust particles on my clothes, "Some weird things are going on at Hogwarts right now."

"It's going to be fine mum," I assured her.

"Right, well," she took a shaky breath, "I've paid for your apparition lessons, so I guess this will be the last time you'll be apparating with me."

"Let's make this one count, eh?" I smiled, grabbing hold of her arm, clutching my owl cage and bags tightly to my side.

With a nearly deafening crack, I felt that queasy feeling of being jerked downwards. Apparition was one of the weirdest feelings there was, as it felt like being vacuumed downwards, but your intestines were being vacuumed separately.

We appeared on the platform 9 3/4, and I couldn't help but stumble upon landing. It didn't take long for me to adjust, as I saw June almost immediately, and that made me distracted from the usual dizziness apparition caused.

June's hair was uncharacteristically longer than she usually had her hair. Her favourite hairstyle was a pixie cut, but now she sported bright pink hair with black stripes past her butt. June's dark olive skin stood out next to Sarah's, creating a beautiful contrast between the two. Sarah wore a bright smile, and even from afar, I could tell her eyes went soft as she looked at June. June was near oblivious that Sarah was practically undressing her with a stare, and was idly chatting with Sarah and Laurie, Elio standing beside Laurie, his arm wrapped firmly around her waist.

"I guess this is it," I told my mum, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Stay out of trouble, will you? " She joked, patting my back. "And don't sneak off campus for late-night rendezvous with Vincent."

"No promises, " I giggled, grabbing my stuff and running towards my friends.

"Hey!" She yelled after me, but I was already too far ahead.I bounded forward, and Lori turned her head towards me and squealed, followed by June and Sarah, who started waving.

"Y/n!!! " June pulled me into a bear hug, "You have no idea how much I missed you, I'm writing a new short story and I'm even naming one of my characters after you! "

"Oh my Godric thank you! " I chortled.

Truth is, she's probably named over a dozen characters after me, but it was always nice whenever she did.

"I've got news too! " Lori squealed, pulling out her hand.On it was a small silver band with a small gemstone on it.

"You're getting engaged? " I stared at her blankly, "Aren't you sixteen?"

Lori's and Elio's faces went blank, and they stared at me for a moment. To my surprise, she burst out laughing, and Elio did too.

"No silly," She heaved, "It's a promise ring!"

"I thought the same thing too at first, don't worry." June joined their laughter.

"Even if they were engaged, it doesn't matter." Sarah scoffed, "There's nothing wrong with marriage at a young age."

"I think you need to be more judgemental." June rolled her eyes jokingly.

"If I was I wouldn't be dating you." She snickered, and June clapped her hand to her heart.

I looked over at Elio who was also smiling.

"Your last year on the team bro," I gently punched his arm, "Let's win this cup two years in a row."

"You got it, boss." He chuckled.

Suddenly a loud toot came from the train in front of us, and it's doors swung open.

"Alright friends, this is where I have to bid my adieu, as my prefect's carriage awaits." She bowed playfully.

"Ciao m'lady," June said, kissing her hand.

"I'll sneak back soon, don't fear." She giggled, jumping through the train doors.

We got on the train before most other people and found a corner compartment right away.

"So I heard that you and Mr. Pro Quidditch player started dating," June wiggled her eyebrows.

"Jealous?" I scoffed.

"Sarah is miles better than any stinky jock." June grinned ear to ear, earning a loud "aww" From Lori.

We chatted loosely for around ten minutes before the peace was broken by some loud scuffle in the corridor, and in popped Sarah, a look of annoyance on her face as she plopped down next to June.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" June jested, planting a boop on Sarah's nose.

Sarah broke out into a smile at June's joke, and loosened up, crossing her legs.

"It's just this guy," Now it was June's turn to tense up.

"Who? " Lori perked up.

"Some Slytherin boy in my grade. Proper annoying he is. Keeps trying to talk to me," She rolled her eyes. "Just in the hall he opened his compartment door and stepped in my way, practically forcing me to talk to him!"

"That bloke sounds creepy," Shuddered Elio, "If you ever need help with him let me know."

"I don't think I'll need it, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks." Sarah smiled feebly.

"Awh, baby you're so brave," Lori pinched his cheek, making Elio blush.

"Do you know his name?" I asked, looking out the window

."I'm not sure, I think it's Eh-e...." She thought for another moment, "Oh yeah, Erick!"

"We'll keep an eye on him." I smiled.

"Please, all you keep an eye on is quidditch." June snickered.

"It's called having priorities," I retorted, "Right Elio?"

"Are you asking me to answer that to the captain or to a friend?" He chuckled.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and pulled out my copy of Quidditch Through The Ages."

Right, well I've got to go again, prefect duties an all." Sarah stood up again.

Right as she walked out and closed the door behind her, it opened again and in popped the plump face of the saleswoman.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" She asked good-naturedly.

"I'll have a licorice wand." I smiled, and she handed me a small elongated box containing the sweet."That'll be two galleons." She said, and I instantly produced the coins.

"Man, how do you eat that shit." June made a gagging gesture as the lady left the compartment, unwrapping her pumpkin pasty.

"I like licorice." I shrugged.