Drunk Confessions

October rolled around quickly, and most of my time was occupied with quidditch, homework, and studying for the N.E.W.T's. Vincent continued to write regularly, and his letters were always written on expensive parchment with a rich fountain pen. Oliver was training his team just as hard as I trained mine, and it was a neck and neck competition with him, each of us determined to win.

Lori had finally let us make her dorm room a place to hang out. It wasn't overly large, but it was spacious for a dorm room. There was a twin-sized bed in the corner, a large iron-barred window, and a table cluttered with textbooks and used parchments. There was also a row of bookshelves filled mostly with muggle sci-fi books. The floor was carpeted unlike all other dormitories, and an owl cage stood next to her closer. Her closet was small, but every item of clothing looked like something straight out of a muggle coming-of-age movie.

I was in the air on my broom, observing my team with a clipboard. Liane was really good. I had charmed a few bludgers to fly at her and avoid everyone else, and she was hitting them all perfectly. I had high hopes of winning the cup and rubbing it in Oliver's face. I glanced down at the ground again.

The quidditch pitch was empty with the exception of a small dot next to a bush holding something. I quickly grabbed the binoculars on my neck and put them to my eyes. What I saw was Oliver Wood standing with his own pair of beaten binoculars, clearly aware I noticed him.

I turned my broom and sped to where he stood, not giving him time to run away. My feet hit the ground mere feet away from him, and the front of my broom almost grazed his stomach.

"Hello, Stone," Oliver regarded me.

"What are those?" I pointed at the binoculars hanging on his neck.

"Oh, those?" He looked down, "Dunno how they got there."

"Spying has become one of your newest hobbies, has it?" I snickered.

"I needed to observe what not to do in future games." Oliver shrugged, "Ever heard of learning from others' mistakes?"

"Focus on your own shit Woody," I sneered.

There was a small not book opened against his chest, and I recognized it as the gift I gave him last Christmas.

"And I'll take that," I grinned, snatching it from his hands and looking it over.

A barely started strengths and weaknesses chart was scrawled messily on the parchment. I took my pen and clicked it open.

"Here let me help you with this." I offered mockingly.

"Give that back!" Oliver tried to grab it from my hands.

"Of course," I said, not before writing none in big letters on the page.

"Haha, very funny Stone." Oliver pursed his lips, taking it back.

"I know," I smiled sweetly.

"You're a little minx, you know that?" Oliver chuckled, shaking his head.

"I haven't the slightest clue." I giggled, rising back in the air.

"Take care Stone!" He waved after me, making me blush, and although I didn't turn back around, I wondered if perhaps I made him blush as well.

No of course not, Oliver never gets flustered around me, and not to mention I have a boyfriend who is leagues above him. I mean Vincent is a gorgeous pro quidditch player drooled over by the majority of England's witches.

~~~~

"I'm tired of studying." June groaned, dramatically slamming her book shut as we sat on the floor of Lori's dorm.