Fucking Flint

On Sunday I made a few shitty excuses to June as to why I couldn't hang out with her and Sarah and instead stayed in bed the whole day. To say I was pissed off was an understatement. A date with Flint? Even the thought of being seen out with him made me gag.

In Charms class on Monday, I felt like I wanted to drop into a hole.

"So what's up with you and Flint?" Oliver prodded me.

"Nonya," I said glumly.

"What's that?" Oliver asked, falling right into the joke.

"Nonya business Wood." I tried to focus on my notes.

"Why did you say yes to him?" Oliver continued to annoy me.

"Believe it or not Wood, but I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions without needing to consult you first." I looked up at him.

"I know," He looked taken aback by my death glare, "It's just that you expressed your distaste towards the bloke that very same morning."

"Fuck off Wood." I rolled my eyes, turning back to my notes.

~~~~

"What's got you looking like you just drank a gallon of spoiled milk?" June asked while feeding Sarah another spoonful of mashed potatoes.

"I've got a date," I grumbled, mindlessly spooning the soup in my bowl and plopping it back in.

"Well that's good isn't it?" Sarah said incredulously after swallowing her food.

"Depends on who you're going with." I buried my head in my hands.

"And who is this mystery man?" June asked.

"Fucking Flint," I whispered bitterly, watching June and Sarah's eyes widen in shock.

"As in Marcus Flint, Slytherin Quidditch captain?" June exclaimed in disbelief.

"Shhhh, keep it down." I groaned, pressing the palms of my hands into my eyes.

"No wonder you look as sour as a lemon!" I heard June laugh.

"This isn't funny Junathan." I moaned into the darkness of my palms.

"Maybe not, but I find this hilarious." June heaved, making me open my eyes, to find her red as a tomato from laughing.

"How did this happen anyway?" Sarah asked, clearly trying her hardest not to laugh as well.

"I was looking for you guys at the party, and he found me before I found you." I scowled, looking over to where Flint sat with his friends.

They were all laughing at something he said, and before I could turn away, he caught my eye and winked, making the rest of his table roar with laughter.

"Oh shit, you weren't kidding." June was now nearly suffocating with laughter.

"Why the flying fuck would I joke about this June?" I slammed my head into my hands.

"So when is your date?" She gasped for air.

"Sunday."

"Maybe it won't be that bad?" Sarah tried to encourage me.

"Yeah maybe," I paused, "If it wasn't with fucking Flint!"

"Ok, I see your point." She looked over to where he was sitting. "I don't really like him either. He made inappropriate comments about June and me."

"No shit, he's a pig." June was now doubled over.

"This isn't funny June," I growled.

"Oh sure, you keep telling yourself that."