Dementors

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. Undaunted, the Gryffindor team was training harder than ever under the eye of Madam Hooch. I had weasled it out of Oliver that McGonagall believed it was too dangerous for Harry to practice unsupervised.

I saw Oliver get even madder when Gryffindor was put against Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin. Draco Malfoy had claimed he broke his arm. Oliver had every right to worry. This year it was Cedric Diggory who was captain. He was more skilled than the previous one and had put together a fairly decent team. Not to mention he was a skilled keeper.

The day before the match, the winds reached a howling point and the rain fell harder than ever. It was so dark inside the corridors and classrooms that extra torches and lanterns were lit. I saw Oliver hurrying up to Harry and pestering him with tactics between classes, and I couldn't not feel bad for the poor kid.

I woke early morning the day of the match as I usually did, and quickly made my way down to the Library, knowing Oliver would be there. I was right. When I pushed open the door I saw him sitting by the window, sipping some coffee and reading over his Quidditch Strategies 101 book for what must've been the thousandth time that morning.

To anyone with even a slight sense of emotional awareness, it was obvious that Oliver was nervous as can be for the upcoming match. He raised his head and looked at me as soon as the library door closed behind me. I waved, and he responded with a weary smile.

"You'll do fine." I snickered, sitting down across from him.

"I know," Oliver eased up a bit, "I just hate those Slytherin assholes."

"I'm pretty sure that daddy's boy of a seeker doesn't even have a broken arm." I chuckled.

"Oh, I would bet my left lung on it." Oliver took a sad swift of his coffee. "But there's nothing I can do about it now."

"You can break Draco's arm for real after winning the match?" I offered, snickering.

"Sounds like a great idea." Oliver groaned, "But I wouldn't want him to go running to his dad and then getting suspended from quidditch."

"Right, isn't Malfoy Senior working on the council board or whatever it's called?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Precisely," He nodded, "If I were suspended from quidditch that could lower my chances of getting onto Puddlemere United."

"I guess we have similar goals in life." I chuckled, fidgeting aimlessly with the silver broomstick on my finger, "I want to get onto the Hollyhead Harpies."

"I'm sure you'll make it." Oliver flashed me a genuine smile. "That is if your skills improve from that of a beginner."

"Right back at ya Woody." I chuckled.

"You must be mistaken," Oliver protested, "I am one of the most exceptional keepers Hogwarts has ever seen."

"Humble too." I snorted.

I thought about Cedric Diggory as the new Hufflepuff seeker. Seekers were usually light and speedy. This allowed them to move as quickly as possible. Diggory was a fifth year and a lot bigger than Harry Potter. Seekers were usually light and speedy, but Diggory's weight would be an advantage in this weather because he was less likely to be blown off course. I brought up my worry to Oliver, and he groaned in response.

"You think I haven't thought of this already?" He scowled. "That fact has been eating away at me all morning.

"I personally have never talked to Potter," I said, "But he seems a pretty good seeker even for such a young age. The pressure this game is really on him."