Ends and New Beginnings

With us flattening Hufflepuff, Oliver became repossessed of his manic energy and worked for his team as hard as ever in the chilly haze of rain that persisted into December.

Of course, I did as well, and we had constant battles of who gets the field, but while my team looked healthy when they got up each morning, his all looked sleep-deprived.

Two weeks before the end of the term, the sky lightened suddenly to a dazzling, opaline white and the muddy grounds were revealed one morning covered in glittering frost. Inside the castle, there was a buzz of Christmas in the air. Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, had already decorated his classroom with shimmering lights that turned out to be real, fluttering fairies. The students were all happily discussing their plans for the holidays.

To my great delight, there was to be another Hogsmeade trip on the very last weekend of the term. This was another rare date opportunity with Vincent that I was keen on taking up.

On the Saturday morning of the Hogsmeade trip, I awoke in a jovial mood, excited to finally wear the coat Vincent gifted me while in his company.

I paired it with plain jeans and a turtleneck and did a spin in front of the mirror.

"Damn bitch, looking good," June nodded in approval.

"I 'ave that same coat at 'ome!" Liane clapped, "I love that deesigner!"

June and Sarah were one of the first pairs to walk down to Hogsmeade.

"Ugh, Elio can't make it today, he's got exams today." Lori groaned as we walked down the snowy path.

Elio was now a student enrolled in the Wizarding University, studying Foreign and Ancient Magical languages. He chose to go to the campus set up in Athens.

"You'll be going there with him in less than a year." I shrugged, "Besides, hanging out with Liane doesn't sound too terrible."

"It's not," Lori smiled, "We're going to use our time to visit the robe shops and maybe scout for a dress for the end of the year ball."

"Oui!" Liane nodded.

The snow crunched under our shoes, as we stepped into Hogsmeade. Its streets were already filled with a bustling crowd. In the centre stood Vincent, his hands tucked into the pocket of his jeans.

He flashed a smile and ran up to me, picking me up and twirling me in the air with great ease.

"Hello to you too," I giggled, planting a quick kiss on his lips as he put me down.

Lori and Liane were still next to us and I looked over at them. Liane had a strange dozed-off sort of smile, like her mind was not in the Hogsmeade plaza, but off in some land far far away.

"Well, I'll be going then," I said, waving to my friends goodbye, "Have fun with your dresses."

Vincent and I walked along the streets.