Adrenaline Pumping

Returning to the hustle and bustle of the school on Monday morning was very refreshing. Lori finished the brewing of the polyjuice potion. A batch big enough to slip to at least thirty students. Although I was not much help on the brewing process, I was the one to slip it to everyone. Of course, that would only be at the end of the school year, and I didn't need to worry about it for another few months.

When I walked into the common room on Monday, there was already a notice posted.

SEVENTH YEAR BALL
Six pm on June Ninth,
Hosted in the dining hall.
Formal wear,
Sixth years can attend only if invited.

"You can't go with Vincent then," June nudged me with her elbow.

"I'll go with Lori." I shrugged, "Not like she can go with Elio either, and Liane would probably go with us too, won't you?"

"Oui," she nodded, "Zese "'ogwarts boys are, 'ow you say, not my type."

"Not even the Hogsmeade dude?" June snorted. "You two seemed to get along well."

Liane reddened, and shook her head frantically, "Ee was nice boy, but very ehm, boring."

~~~~

The day of our match against Hufflepuff came quickly. I fixed myself a cup of warm tea and headed down to the library as I usually did on match days.

Oliver was already sitting at the library table. A small Tupperware sat next to him.

"Woody! Fancy seeing you here." I exclaimed, plopping down in front of him, and he met me with a smile.

"Here." He pushed forward the small plastic box.

"What's this?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Cookies," He grinned, looking highly pleased with himself.

"You got me cookies?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well more like Fred and George nicked it from the kitchens for me and then I gave them to you." Oliver chuckled good-naturedly. "So I saved some for you."

"And why would you do that?" I giggled, "They must be laced with some kind of opium or arsenic."

"I wouldn't do that," Oliver rolled his eyes, "Not today at least."

"Oh right," I said, opening the Tupperware, "You need Ravenclaw to win so that you don't try and drown in the showers again."

"Aye," he smirked, "But also thanks for everything, even if you don't win."

"Oh I will," I took a large bite of the cookie, and it practically melted in my mouth, "No doubt in my mind about it."

"Do you really think you'll be able to beat them by two hundred points?" Oliver raised his eyebrows.

"I've got a plan." I nodded.

"Is it that brilliant?" Oliver snickered.

"It's a bit of a gamble, but if it goes how I want it to, it should work out perfectly."

~~~~

The weather was bright and sunny, and my feeling about the match was very good. We walked onto the pitch and were met with tumultuous applause from the stands.

"Remember, only start actually playing when I seize the quaffle at the throw-off." I turned back to my team, still out of ear range from everyone. "Page, let them score until that happens."

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Roger asked pointedly.

"No, I'm not." I snickered, "But if we pull this off it will be a hell of a feat."