A Correspondence

My internship went rather smoothly, and it wasn't as hard as I anticipated. Oliver and I were made to run small errands for the team, handle their finances, and help the team manager. Katya turned out to be much nicer than I initially thought, and she was in fact a university student studying for her art degree. Benjy and Katya had been going out for some time now, and from what I could tell, Benjy was wholly enamoured with her.

June and I owled on a nearly daily basis, and she seemed to be quite enjoying herself with her relatives. Her distant relatives were muggles, however, so we had to figure out how to send letters when it was night time for her so that her family didn't see the owls.

~~~~

"So," Oliver said as we stood in line to order the team's morning coffee, "What's up with you and Ford?"

It was a fresh summer morning, and I could feel the fresh breeze brush against my skin. The cobbled street was pulled over with a slight mist that barely altered visibility, but still gave an ethereal effect on the atmosphere.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I rolled my eyes, trying to hide a small blush creeping into my cheeks.

"You don't seriously like him do you?" Oliver chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

"None of your business." I scoffed, pushing back a small smile.

We stood in silence for another minute or so, the line being quite lengthier than usual. Vincent was actively flirting with me, that much was obvious. He was quite handsome and charming, and I couldn't help but get butterflies every time he flashed me one of his signature grins. Despite only being on the team for only a few months, his looks were getting the most attention from schoolgirls and teenage tabloids.

"The ring," Oliver said, abruptly jerking me out of my Vincent daydream.

"Hm?" I gave him a confused glance.

"You're wearing that ring I gave you for Christmas." He pointed at my hand, and indeed I was fidgeting with the small silver broomstick on it as we spoke.

"Oh," I felt myself smile. "Yeah, well, it's a good ring."

The truth was that I wore this ring very frequently, and had grown to love the feeling of the small silver band on my finger. It was a subconscious sort of feeling, but it was there nonetheless, prevalent when I wore it.

"Glad to hear it." He grinned.

I looked into Oliver's smiling hazel eyes, making me grin in return, a warm and fuzzy feeling surging in my stomach.

"Next!" The barista called out from the booth.

~~~~

The last day of the internship came rather quickly, and I was surprised at how time flew by. I sat with Oliver and Katya shuffling through papers, feeling too awkward to say anything.

"Hey Stone," Oliver said, throwing yet another paper into the trash.

"What do you want?" I groaned, receiving a chuckle from Katya.

"You reckon they'll sign a poster for me?" He blushed furiously, pulling out a rolled-up piece of parchment from his bag.

I was about to answer when suddenly I felt a strong arm wrap around my side. Vincent stood next to me grinning widely.

"Oh hey, Vincent." I smiled, playfully swatting his arm away. "What's brought you to this neck of the woods."

Vincent let out a laugh, his gorgeous eyes twinkling as his dark curls fell over his eyes, causing him to brush them back.