Tall, Dark, and Handsome

I smoothed out my dress, looking myself over in the mirror

I smoothed out my dress, looking myself over in the mirror. It was the first day of my internship, and I wanted to look good. I haven't yet passed my apparition tests, so my mom agreed to apparate me to the quidditch stadium, and to go back I agreed to use the flop. An internship as an assistant for Puddlemere United was a dream come true, and definitely something to brag about, especially to Oliver Wood.

I smiled to myself as I walked downstairs to the kitchen. Mother was already sitting at the kitchen table with a bowl of oatmeal and a newspaper.

"Is there any for me?" I asked, eyeing the single bowl of oatmeal on the table.

"Oh yes, of course, it's on the stove." She said, putting down her morning paper.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing a bowl and walking over to the stove where sat a small pot with oatmeal.

"So how are you feeling about your first day?" I heard her asking me with a mouth full of oatmeal.

"I'm excited," I replied, ladling oatmeal into my small bowl, and dousing it in brown sugar.I walked myself back to the table and plopped down across from my mom.

"I just hope this whole quidditch thing works out for you." She sighed, looking at me with a sad smile.

"I hope so too." I smiled, shoving a large spoonful of oatmeal into my mouth, regretting the amount of sugar I poured in because it was now too sweet for my liking.

"Your father would be proud of you sweetheart." She said, blinking away visible tears.

"Thanks, mum." I felt my eyes go bleary as well

.~~~~

With a crack I was standing in front of a large stadium, clinging to my mother's arm for dear life. Apparation was disorienting, and it took me a few seconds to feel myself steady.

"Well, are you going to go in?" My mother looked over at me, as I was still clutching her arm.

"Yeah, thanks, mum." I pulled away and took a step forwards.

"See you at dinner."With a loud crack, she was gone again.

I smoothed out my dress again and took a shaky breath. The more I thought about what could go wrong, the more nervous I got.

"Stone?" I heard a surprised Scottish voice call out behind me.

I spun around to find myself face to face with a startled looking Oliver Wood. He was wearing a snuggly fitting black turtleneck, with tan high waisted broad legged pants. His outfit accentuated his lean muscles, and I couldn't help but take in his handsome physique.

"Wood?" I gasped in disbelief, knitting my eyebrows together.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, a smile creeping onto his face as he crossed his arms.