Oh No

June and I sat on my bed in our dorm. She was excitedly rambling about how amazing Sarah was, playing with her short green pixie cut. After the party, they made it official, and June was beyond excited. She had already managed to write 10 poems dedicated to Sarah and was planning to write plenty more.

"What can I say, she is a work of art!" June argued after I said it was slightly creepy.

"If I hadn't known better, I would think she slipped you a long-lasting love potion." I snickered, belly-flopping across the bed, letting my head dangle off the side.

"Oh please, if Sarah wanted to slip someone love potion she would go for a hot girl in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor." June sighed, her voice sounding lovesick.

"June Astrid Lee don't you dare say that! You're like the baddest bitch at Hogwarts! Literally, everyone that likes women has had a crush on you!" I said, meaning every word.

"Says the gorgeous quidditch captain." June groaned.

"We can both be beautiful you know." I smiled. "And Sarah is lucky to have you."

~~~~

I noticed after the victory of our mock game, Oliver had started forcing his team to practice way more, making them stay after hours practicing into the night. Although I liked that I got into Oliver's head, and didn't overwork my team as much, I did intensify practices.

It was the day of the Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw matches, and the sun was shining high. It was chillier than the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match and even frostier than before. I sat in the library early in the morning, drinking coffee. June was still asleep, which was understandable since it was around six am on a Saturday, but I also knew she was out late with Sarah the night before.I smiled to myself, sitting down at an empty table near a window facing the courtyard. I heard the door to the library fly open just as I was pulling out my copy of Quidditch Strategies 101.

"Morning Stone!" I heard that familiar Scottish accent.

"Are you trying to set yourself up for that joke again?" I asked, opening my book.

"Is that a copy of Quidditch Strategies 101?" Oliver asked, ignoring my comment and plopping down next to me.

"No, it's Babbitty Rabbitty And Her Cackling Stump," I replied with a straight face.

"I must've read those a long time ago because I don't remember Babbitty Rabbitty being an avid quidditch strategist." Oliver chuckled peering over my shoulder at the book.

"She was the greatest quidditch player of her time," I smirked, taking notice of how close he was to me.

"I use the same book as you." Oliver grinned, pulling out his own copy of Quidditch Strategies 101, looking even more battered than my own. "I read it religiously."

"Really? Me too actually. The author is a genius." I smiled, taking Oliver's copy, flipping through its pages.

"Oh, you take notes in margins too?"

"Yeah, it helps me remember how to implement the strategies in this book into actual gameplay." Oliver smiled, excited someone took as much interest in the topic as he did.

"June says I'm a freak for reading this so much." I laughed, "She thinks you should only re-read books a maximum of 5 times, and even that is pushing it."

"Bullshit," Oliver exclaimed, "How else are we supposed to absorb information?"

"Right?" I laughed, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Well, I came to wish you good luck on today's match." Oliver took his copy of Quidditch 101 back from my hands, shoving it carelessly in his bag.

"For the record Wood, I don't need luck. I have skill." I said, proudly.