𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. audition

❛ ── chapter twelve
AUDITION.

 ❜

          𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, her heart was racing and beating so loudly she swore everyone around her could hear it. She sat outside the hall tuning her 2 year old guitar that her father had gotten her for the young girl's birthday, the students below stared at her as the strums reached their ears. They were glad that the sounds of the instrument had refreshed their ears since a moment ago Jugyeong had damaged theirs with her off tune singing, who had to join in request of Aera, even from behind the bystanders below could tell it was Aera and putting two and two together immediately informed their friends and hurried to the hall.

When Aera had arrived backstage, a queue had been formed with groups, pairs and solo performers all prepping to go on stage. Word had gotten out that the Moon Aera were to be auditioning for the talent show even though it had just been minutes and students had piled up in the auditorium including students who were currently lining up who would eventually take a seat anticipating her turn.

Suho arrived to an almost filed hall in shock, the news had reached his attention when a classmate had informed the group chat that the goddesses of Saebom High were both going to be participating for audition he practically sprinted there. Sadly they had to wait until the end since the two were scheduled to go one after the other Jugyeong going second-last and Aera going last.

" Good luck, " Aera whispered to Jugyeong as a word of encouragement still have not taken a look at the audience thanks to how dark it was. The girl going first nodded before quickly entering the stage and setting her phone next to the mic, there was a pregnant pause before the music had begun to play. Cheers emitted when the familiar song of Hwasa's 'Maria' started playing which startled the girl backstage not expecting an audience, the cheers remained steady throughout but gradually getting softer when they noticed that the judges weren't mimicking their actions. " I'm Lim Jugyeong from class 2-5, I hope I make the cut. Please remember me. " She enthusiastically said after completing her performance.

Half the auditorium were clapping while the other half had been left traumatized, who mostly consisted of the judges but no matter which side they were it didn't let them pass the heated lecture they received from the vice-principal. In the end, Jugyeong ended up apologizing before running off the stage towards an empty seat beside Soo-jin and Soo-Ah, they had reassured her that it wasn't that bad and that half of the audience cheered her on. They remained seated awaiting the Aera, the final performer in soft whispers guessing what she was about to perform, she took a deep breath from backstage wiping her sweaty palms against her clothes and stepping onto the platform.