7| You Had One Job!

Shout out to AnnieDiAngelo1237 for giving the movie names for the previous chapter and giving a reasonable answer for the 3rd chapter. Love you, sister.

***

"What's wrong, Padfoot?" James asked concerned. Sirius was acting weird. He didn't laugh nor joke nor tease Moony about him becoming a professor. He wasn't as shocked as he would have been under normal circumstances. Sirius looked as if he was sad and... worried?

"It's nothing James," Sirius shook his head.

"-ooks back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands." Lupin was saying.

James nodded and turned back to Moony, who was sitting behind him and was muttering - no, no, no, no, no, no - under his breath.

"Now, Professor Moony, let's see how interesting this class gets and whether you fulfil your duties as a Marauder," James grinned, clearly enjoying his time. Sirius smiled a bit, deciding to let go of his worries and enjoy his time now.

Moony shook his head but they didn't listen to him.

"Right then," said Professor Lupin, when everyone had put their books in and was ready. "If you'd follow me."

"What are you going to teach us about, eh?" James teased. "Boggarts? Rep Cap? If you teach us something common, I am hexing you. Both of you."

The class got to its feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the classroom. He led them along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves the Poltergeist, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

The Marauders smiled. Peeves was almost the fifth Marauder. He was their distraction for Filch. Peeves didn't look up until Professor Lupin was two feet away; then he wiggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song.

"Loony, loopy Lupin," Peeves sang. "Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin -"

Truth be told, James, Peter, Sirius and even Remus Jr. were tempted to join. Everyone (and the Marauder, plus Lily) looked at Professor Lupin waiting for his reaction. He simply smiled. Moony sighed in relief.

"I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves," Professor Lupin said pleasantly. "Mr. Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms."

However, Peeves paid no attention to Professor Lupin's words, except to blow a loud wet raspberry. Professor Lupin gave a small sigh and took out his wand.

"This is a useful little spell," he told the class over his shoulder. "Please watch closely."

The Marauders recognized the spell he was about to use even before he used it. Professor Lupin raised the wand to shoulder height, said - at the same time as Moony - "Waddiwasi!" and pointed it at Peeves.

With the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves's left nostril; he whirled upright and zoomed away, cursing.

"Cool!" said James in amazement. Lupin narrowed his eyes as he looked at James but shook it off.

"Thank you... Jack," said Professor Lupin, putting his wand away again. "Shall we proceed?"

They set off again, the class looking at shabby Professor Lupin with increased respect. He led them down a second corridor and stopped, right outside the staffroom door.

"Inside, please," said Professor Lupin, opening it and standing back.

Professor Snape was sitting inside. Seeing him, James and Sirius scrowled. Old Snivellus got up and insulted Neville and to the Marauders' joy, Lupin defended him stating that he was looking forward to Neville assisting him.

Lily visibly sighed. Clearly, their childhood rivalry had not gone away as she had hoped. Also, it was wrong of Severus to bully Neville like that...

The class went forward with Lupin explaining them about boggarts ("I WAS RIGHT," James exclaimed. "Good Job, Moony."). Then, the class recited the spell - Riddikulus!

The students laughed when they saw Snape in Neville's grandma's clothes and feared when their chances came. Moony's boggart, which was the full moon rose suspicions across the room. James' boggart, which was losing his friends, Sirius's Boggart, which was the same as James' and Peter's boggart, which was Voldemort also caught quite a lot of attention (And panic).

When the marauders turned to look at Professor Lupin, they only faced a calm face with a bright smile. Harry and Hermione never got their chances. The class ended when Neville ended the Boggart with his cheerful laughs.

Professor Lupin gave them homework to which Sirius and James turned to young Moony and in perfect sync said, "You have one job, one job!"

"That was the best Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson we've ever had, wasn't it?" They heard Ron say excitedly as they made their way back to the classroom to get their bags. Moony turned red and grinned in pride.

"He seems like a very good teacher," said Hermione approvingly. "But I wis-"

"Shh, Hermione," Lily said and turned back to smile at Remus, who blushed red. "The class was perfect!"

***

What's your most favorite death in the whole fandom world?