42| We Talk Like Elders

Previous chapter question was answered by -stxrology (I had to travel through wattpad 5 times to finally get your username right *sigh*) and dwkpjohp!!! AND A SHOUT OUT TO NightFury087 cause reasons.

It's Sam Winchester's Birthday... *smiles creeping cause supernatural*

***

They walked through the hallway to the stairs in silence, Crookshanks leading the strangest group ever to have existed. As James walked down the stairs, his knees buckled but he stayed put for the sake of the others. Beside him, Peter remained quiet, not even muttering a word to the Marauders. He sobbed relentlessly and ignored James which pained him.

When they arrived at the Hogwarts Castle, James decided that he was having a good night's sleep. Then, in the morning, he would wake up and chat with Sirius Jr. and Sr. and tease them about... everything! He would prank them non-stop.

They would be begging for mercy.

Peter forgotten, a smile lit James' face. He didn't notice as Black, the old and wise, jogged near him.

"Hey," Black said nervously, making James jump and stop for a while before moving again. Seeing this, Black took a step away. "Er- sorry, I didn't to sca- scare you..."

James shook his head. "It's okay, I- I was thinking?" It came out as a question.

Black looked down at his shoes. "Its just... You look so... young," He said awkwardly.

"Well," James scoffed, "You look like a five hundred year old baby so, fair." Sirius laughed. The smile vanished off James' face as he wondered how long it had been since his friend had last done that. Twelve years of Azkaban... "Sirius, you- you stayed at that wretch-"

"Now, now, James," Sirius interupted, "Lets not talk about that. Let us talk about how you time traveled into the future."

James sighed dramatically, "I had a mental breakdown in the middle of the year and had to move in with the Weasleys for a while. Finding out I was going to be dead was also a very good experience." Black flinched. "I also didn't talk to Siriu- er- your younger self for a long time."

"I actually remember that," Black said grimacing. "It wasn't neat."

"But you were innocent after all."

"Yes, I was." Black paused for a second before continuing. "I remember it all so perfectly. I remember what happened when I'd time travelled back. I remembered everything when we met outside the lavatory. When we had that fight, I- I remembered hating my old self so much. I saw you run away and then, I just... I just sobbed and stuff like that..."

His voice trailed away but it wasn't awkward. No. There was an understanding between them.

"Do you remember how we made up?" James asked slowly.

"I remember. Yes," said Black. "I keep remembering more things as time keeps passing by but I... I don't remember what is going to happen after this."

James nodded, then glanced back for a second, his eyes meeting the younger Sirius. His Sirius Black.

"Speaking of our fight," Black grinned. He put his hands inside his torn robes, searching for something. "I still have this." He opened his fist which revealed a beautiful ring. James recognised it immediately.

The promise ring. The ring that Sirius had given to him before in the morning before the fight in the history of magic classroom. It was then that Sirius had promised to be there for James whenever he'd need it. As if reading his mind, Black spoke up.