36| Healing (Part 2)

The previous chapter question was answered by khabootea and Aaliya0012 (before my sister deleted the chapter)! Congratulations!

***

"Er- Prongs is.. he's the relative of one of your best friends."

"Lee!?!" Fred gawked at George. "It was Lee all this time!"

George smirked at him, "We've got to kill that traitor for not informing us!"

"It's not Lee…" James frowned.

"Oh, okay," George nodded. "Uh… HERMIONE! No, nevermind-"

"She's muggleborn." Fred thought for a while. "Ron! Nah! I think we'd know if our family member was a Marauder."

"Plus, he's not our best friend," George added.

"Agreed," said Fred.

"Er- think more popular," Sirius said.

"Harry!" They said in sync, then frowned.

"Let it be," George said. "It was a wild guess and-*

He stopped when he saw James expression. James glared at them both with an expression that said, Speak one more word and I'll murder you in your sleep. It also did the trick.

George let out a laugh as realisation swept in. Fred soon followed. The Marauders grinned.

“I cannot believe it took you this long to realize it,” James sighed.

Fred said, “James Potter! James Potter was Prongs!?!”

But their smiled turned into frowns pretty quick.

“But James Potter is dead, murdered by Sirius Black,” Fred said. The Marauders stiffened. “And if Ja- he is Prongs then-”

“We heard Sirius Black was his best friend,” George continued. “Then, it makes him one of the Marauders...”

“Padfoot,” James answered their unasked question. The silence was unnerving. James could almost see the twins’ brains work, gears turn.

Remus scoffed, “That went dark quickly.”

“Now, now, cheer up!” James smiled. Not a fake one but an actual one. The twins were still in the trance. "It's alright."

“Who are Moony and Wormtail?” George asked, not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

“Wormtail is Peter Pettigrew,” Sirius said, not smiling.

“-who is also dead-,” George grimaced.

“-Murdered by Sirius Black.”

James closed his eyes, sighed, and reached for some water that Remus passed to him. Sirius just sat beside James, knees buckling.

“You didn’t say who Moony was,” Fred and George synced.

Just then, the door burst open, and a certain professor ran in. The Marauders couldn’t contain their smiles. Professor Lupin panted – eyes wide, scanning for danger – and spoke, “Is everything alright? The letter said it was an emergency and-”

He noticed the Weasley twins, who were grinning widely, their mouths wide open, for the first time, “What are you both doing her- Scratch that! What am I doing here? And this better not be a prank because it was not funny! I was worried! Merlin’s beard, better explaining because I am  losing my mind here. Ja- JACK!”

James, who was busy observing the twins’ faces, gaped back at Lupin and muttered something intelligent along the lines of ‘Mhmm’. His attempts to keep his expression innocent went in vain as Sirius burst out laughing.

James grinned, “Boys, I present to you, Remus John Lupin, a.k.a, Moony Moonpie, the best and only mature Marauder in the whole group.”

Young Moony blushed, and older Moony was confused the whole dam time.

***

I have no idea why I made two parts. Don't convince me otherwise. So... one of my new readers asked a question that I would like to ask y'all!

pterodactylshriek | Who is Mrs. Norris married to?

 Norris married to?