20| Hogsmeade Weekend 2.0

The last chapter question was answered by AnnieDiAngelo1237 and DhritiShah234!!!

Yayyy!!!! *throws confetti everywhere*

***

What happened the past few weeks? Sirius, the death eater had tried to talk to James many times. James was always alone or seen talking to Lupin. Professor Lupin was over the moon about having conversations.

"You are going to teach Harry how to conjure a Patronus. Am I right, Remus?"

"Yes, Prongs. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, no! Blimey, I just wanted to ask if I could, you know, attend the classes too cause... I want classes too."

"Oh! I understand, James. It will be my pleasure!"

Harry's promise about getting Lily and James together would have to wait. James was clearly ignoring everyone's existence including Lily.

Professor McGonagall had informed the time travelers that Peter wanted to be confined to a room. It made sense now. Truth be told, nobody really cared. They were worried about the rivalry between Sirius and James.

And Severus, he never talked to anyone except Professor Snape, both were the same person. Lily had distanced herself from the rest (she was always with Hermione). Moony and Sirius had given up on catching Black and mostly spent their time trying to mend their broken friendship.

We all knew what James did...

Just a week before Christmas, there was to be another Hogsmeade trip on the very last weekend of the term.

Harry and James were alone again.

How they got stuck together all the time? It was a mystery.

Snow was falling and it was cold. Just like before, on their way to the Tower, they were interrupted by the Weasley twins. Not feeling needed, James was about to go but Harry stopped him.

"Jack Stay," Harry requested. James stared at him for a few seconds as if he had swallowed a frog but obliged.

“What are you doing?” said Harry curiously to the Weasleys. “How come you’re not going to Hogsmeade?”

“We’ve come to give you a bit of festive cheer before we go,” said Fred, with a mysterious wink. “Come in here...”

They nodded toward an empty classroom to the left of the one-eyed statue. They followed Fred and George inside. George closed the door quietly and then turned, beaming, to look at Harry.

“Early Christmas present for you, Harry,” he said.

Fred pulled something from inside his cloak with a flourish and laid it on one of the desks. It was a large, square, very worn piece of parchment with nothing written on it. Harry, suspecting one of Fred and George’s jokes, stared at it.

“What’s that supposed to be?”

But James had stopped listening. He knew this particular piece of parchment. It was the one Lily had thrown away and James, love-struck, had picked it up. They had-

No, it can't be the same piece of parchment, can it?

But the Marauders hadn't completed it... James picked the paper up examining it. He grinned and murmured, "Boys, We did it again, huh?"

James smiled at the memory. Fred and George were busy explaining Harry how they had found it. James felt immense gratitude towards the twins. Because of them, his son now had access to one of his father's possessions. His possession.

But what if it wasn't the same one!?!

James decided to check this theory out. He took out his wand, touched the parchment lightly, and said,

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Hearing this, the Weasley gawked at James, "Jack, you know about his map?"

Course, I do. I helped make it.

***

They were currently under the invisibility cloak eavesdropping on a few certain elders.

Godfather to Harry? Trust and Betrayal?

The professors and ministers clearly sucked at keeping secrets. Talking in a crowded place where they could be overheard.

But James listened to the conversation intensively. He just listened to how he had died. Or would die. Halfway through it, he realized that Harry was eavesdropping too.

James reached over and comforted the young man, "Hey, Harry, you alright?"

Harry stayed still, still listening. His eyes were wide open and teary.

James decided to leave him alone...

***

James spent the rest of the evening in the common room. He didn't show up for dinner. The other Griffindors soon started going to sleep. When the common room was empty, Hermione walked over to James.

"Hey," She said politely. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine," replied James. "Can't say the same about Harry. He hasn't even come out of the room yet."

"You should talk to him, you know?" She mumbled.

James stared at her in shock, "No, he probably needs some space and some time alone..."

"He is your son, James Potter!" Hermione exclaimed. "You understand him better than Ron and I. Now, go!"

Not wanting to be scolded at, James quickly went up to the boys dorm room.

He opened the door slowly not wanting to startle Harry. "Harry, you in here?"

No response came his way. So, James walked in. Harry was lying down, pretending to be asleep. James scoffed. Acting in front of his own dad, who also happened to be a Marauder, and pranked everybody? Is that all you got?

A photo lying nearby caught his attention. "Is that m- your father, Harry?"

Hearing this, Harry stood up quickly and snatched the photo away. He put it inside his trunk and proceeded to go back to bed. However, James sat on it before Harry could do so.

Harry groaned. Hesitantly, he took the seat next to James. They both stayed there in silence. Minutes passed by...

Harry placed his head on James' shoulder and James let him.

After a while, James looked over to see if Harry was asleep and saw that his eyes were closed. At some point, Ron and the other Griffindors came in to sleep.

They maintained their quiet and simply went to bed, deciding to ignore Harry and James. Ron opened his mouth to say something but one look from James and he shut his mouth.

Hours passed by...

A voice shook James out of his thoughts.

"Are you still awake?" Ron asked yawning.

"Mhm." James was not aware of the time that had passed. He was lost in his thoughts, thinking about yesterday. His eyes felt heavy.

"You should sleep," Ron said worried. "Go to bed, Jack."

James sighed, "Fine."

Slowly and steadily, James placed Harry's head on the pillow and kissed him on his forehead.

***

There we go, This chapter focuses on James and Harry's relationship...

And Ron's reaction-

What is Ron's rat's name? (I want all of them and all of them only...)