12| Stupid Excuses

“It’s not what it looks like,” Moony said slowly.

“This explains everything!” Hermione exclaimed.

“No, no, no, Hermione,” James said quickly. “We both were just-” James said the first thing in his mind “-Roleplaying.”

Moony gawked at James accusingly and James shrugged.

“Yeah,” Lupin nodded at Hermione. “Roleplaying... Harry Potter fanfiction.”

Fortunately, Hermione shook it off and the fourth wall did not break, just crack a bit...

“No,” Hermione shook her head. “This explains everything!!” She started walking to the castle (resulting to James and Lupin panicking) but then walked back (to their relief), as if realizing that she couldn’t share anything.

“What explains what?” James asked confused.

“It explains why the teachers won't give you detention on those pranks you pulled... It explains why you look so much like Harr- Merlin's Beard, does Harry know?"

James shook his head. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped. She bit her lips.

"Well," Hermione continued. "It explains how Ivy knows so much about Time Turners. Ivy... She's Lily Potter, isn't she?"

"WHAT!?!" James bellowed. He turned to Lupin, "You knew this?"

Remus smirked and nodded.

Hermione frowned, "You knew Harry was your son for the past few months and never wanted to find out who his mother was?"

"I- Well... Wait, not that-"

Hermione sighed, "Boys are so dumb."

(To the not-dumb boys out there - Not all boys are dumb but we, girls (at least I) just love saying this... so, no offence.)

James turned and stared at the water, "So, Lily and me, huh?"

The silence answered his question and James smiled. A pleasant smile. He always did admire Lily. Right now, he was on cloud nine.

"So," Hermione looked at Remus. "Who are you?"

"Time for proper introductions, huh?" Remus said sarcastically. "I am Remus John Lupin."

Hermione raised her eyebrows. Remus nodded. Hermione smiled.

"And," James broke the awkward silence. "Ivy - you figured that out - is Lily Evans." He paused for a second and smirked internally, "Evans slash Potter. Scooby is Snivellus. Yes, Hermione, that idiotic professor you got for potions. And, Peter is Peter."

Hermione winced, "Peter Pettigrew?"

"Yes," Lupin confirmed.

James yawned, "And Shrek Shrewsbury, my prancing buddy, other than Remus here of course, is Sirius."

Hermione's eyes widened. She looked at Lupin. He doesn't know, Remus mouthed.

James was oblivious to all this. He smiled at Hermione, "Don't tell this to anyone. Please? We trust you Hermione. Harry trusts you."

Hermione nodded still panicking over the fact that Sirius Black was here. In Hogwarts. And James Potter, Harry's father, was also here, in Hogwarts, completely oblivious to the fact that Sirius was going to sold them out to Voldemort.

She nodded, this time more quickly, "I should leave... Rob- Er...-"

"Remus," Moony quickly said. "Call me Remus."

"Oh, sure. Also, I need to talk to you... about that thing. Don't worry Mr. Potte- Uh... James? It's not about this."

James watched as Remus and Hermione walked away. He turned to the lake and continued throwing stones.

But deep down in his heart, he felt alone. Because he noticed how his friends and him were growing apart. He knew Sirius and the others were hiding something. He noticed how they turned a blind eye to James. He was all alone. Mostly because, he noticed.

***

Okay, people. Drama is comming up. Big drama. I don't know if you guys can handle it. Stick to the story and don't forget to vote!

What does the spell “Obliviate” do?