34| Pain And Suffering

The previous chapter question was answered by as-sane-as-luna and pjoclairesewinmari... thank you for the motivation, guys...

Let's not talk about the previous chapter...

***

Nonetheless, Griffindor won and one could say that James was the proudest person on the whole planet.

Lily was enjoying herself a lot too. In fact, she had sung a song herself. She was popular all around, not for being best friends with the Marauders and girlfriend of James, but for being herself.

Girlfriend...

Soon after Griffindor had won the Quinditch game, James had asked Lily if she had wanted to go out on another date and Lily had agreed.

But things had gotten dark when James had mentioned how they wouldn't remember anything.

"Then, let's make it count," she had said and kissed him.

All around Hogwarts, they were called as The Couple. Ugh!

But here she was, staring at the black door, still debating whether she should knock or head back. Maybe he is not here, she thought.

Not allowing herself time to think ahead, she knocked.

The door opened almost immediately and a man stepped out, his scowl fading as soon as he noticed who was standing in front of him.

“Lily,” He said, his voice hoarse, as though her name were a prayer.

Lily smiled, “Hello, Severus.”

***

Severus kept gawking at Lily, unable to believe his eyes, unable to believe that she would care to see him after-

No... that hadn’t happened yet. Severus hadn’t called her a mudblood yet. The fight hadn't occurred yet. He still hated himself for doing it.

As if tired of waiting, Lily pouted, “Er- can I come in or do I have to stand here all day?”

Severus nodded quickly and moved aside, giving her way to enter, but regretted it immediately. "The room isn't clean, I-"

Lily walked in, looking at everything. “It is so dark in here... Could use a little bit of pink, you know?” She winked at him, waving her hands.

“I- Have a seat,” He said, pointing to a chair, not quite coming out of his shock. Thankfully, Lily obliged.

After a moment of awkward silence, she glared at him, “That angry, little frown is not going to work on me, okay? Show me that awesome, rare smile of yours.”

But Severus kept still, only removing the frown on his face.

Lily was here... Lily.

But he had noticed when James and Lily had kissed that day, heard about them being the diamond couple or something similar. He had seen the way they caught hands and laughed along.

“Come on, you missed me. I saw you staring at me during Potions, which you teach, and I am very happy for that because I love the way you ended up. I heard you saved Harry’s life, who is my son- No, wait, he’s not my son. Not exactly and – Oh, sorry. I am rambling again. I do that when I am nervous and I am nervous now. Okay, I shall stop speaking.”

Severus smiled, “I love it when you ramble. I missed you more than you can even guess and uh... I wasn’t staring at you. I-”

“Oh, shut up. You were staring at me.”