Chapter 5 - Changing

I got on the bed and leaned closer to him. I wanted him to do it again, the colors to appear on his face. He looked me with a weird expression. There was a certain silence in the room as we stared at each other. Then, he finally broke it.

Ink: Yes?

Me: Do it again.

Ink: Do what again?

  I touched his cheek with my finger, earning the colors to come back.

Me: That. What is that?

  He realized what I was talking about. Looking away from me, the colors increased. It was to the point where it was covering his entire face.

Ink: It's called blush.

Me: Why does it have several colors?

Ink: Because my blush is rainbow, which is every color. Other people have different kinds of blush but mine... is rainbow.

  Something in my mind told me to stop staring at him. Looking away, I tried to look at something else. However, nothing was as fascinating as Ink was. I noticed there were drawings attached to the walls. Each of them were very detailed.

One of them did catch my attention though. It was a drawing of Ink, except he looked smaller. A female and a male stood behind him and were wearing white clothing. I wanted to ask Ink who they were but strangely, I felt like I had already asked too many questions at one time.

  Ink was looking at a small rectangle. It reminded me of the boards that the scientists would use. Suddenly, he put it down and stared at me, which doesn't normally happen.

Ink: You're a wanted man. The Contra are looking for you. I don't see the point in you going back so I'm going to help you hide.

  He stood up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. I followed him but he pushed me out.

Ink: Only one of us in here at a time.

  I heard silence on the other side of the door. I waited for a few minutes but then realized that I would have to wait longer. Looking around the room, I had a new objective. I needed to learn more about Ink.

  Starting with the drawing covered wall, I analyzed all of them. The same male and female were in other drawings. Could they be of some importance to him?

  Heading over to the box where he got the turtleneck from, I looked through the drawers. They were full of clothes. Though, I already knew that clothing was somewhat mandatory.

  The final thing that I analyzed was the box next to his bed. Opening the upper drawer, I found two sketchbooks and a weapon of some kind. Picking up the weapon, I carefully observed it. The shiny part was stained with a black substance. It looked familiar to me. My mind clicked. This weapon was stained with Ink's blood.

'Is someone trying to harm Ink? I have to protect him.'

  I heard the bathroom door open. Before he could see me, I placed the weapon in it's exact spot. I didn't want to alarm him about this possible problem. Although, there was a question that came to me.

'Why would the person that's trying to harm Ink, hide their weapon in his room?'

  I couldn't piece any of it together. Before I finished making mental notes, I saw Ink walk out of the bathroom. He was wearing a light brown shirt with his familiar brown scarf. He grabbed a strange object and then put his hand on the front door.

  Without him having to tell me, I followed him out of the room. When he realized that I was following him, he turned around.

Ink: Why are you following me? You should be in there because I don't want the Contra guards to find you.

Me: I feel that I need to protect you.

  Blush appeared on his cheeks as he pushed me back into the room. Staring at him, I tried to follow him but he was really persistent.

Ink: Stay here. I'll be back.

  He left the room and closed the door behind him. When I put my hand on the handle, I realized that it was locked. Something in the back of my mind continued to tell me to follow him but the door was in my way. Looking at the clear wall, I had an idea. Opening it, I stepped out. I closed it behind me and then jumped down. I waited outside of the structure for him. When Ink came out of it, he immediately saw me.

Ink: Dammit Error. What part of "stay here" did you not understand?

  Before he could let me answer him, he exhaled a breath.

Ink: No use in worrying about it now.

  He started walking, in which I trailed after him automatically. Then he took the strange object and expanded it.

Me: What's that?

Ink: It's an umbrella. Stand next to me.

  I did as he commanded. Ink walked forward with the "umbrella" over his head. I noticed that when I was under it, the clear liquid wasn't falling on me. As we traversed through the tall structures and hundreds of people, I observed everything. Since I didn't have something to worry about, there was time to look at the new environment. Ink told me that the structures were called "buildings".

  I followed Ink into one of them. Inside, were several clothes hanging on strange metallic racks. Ink told me to sit down before looking at all of the different clothes. He handed me a thing called a "jacket". He set a box on my lap and opened it.

Ink: Put these shoes on as well.

  He stared at me for a second.

Ink: I'll have to get you some new pants. Maybe some cargo ones. I'll be right back.

  He left me with the shoes and jacket. I looked at the clothing that I held. The jacket was black and blue while the shoes were red. After I put on the pieces of clothing, I saw Ink walk back with a pair of pants and some other thing that was unknown to me.

  Ink led me to a small room and told me change into them. The pants were really loose but it didn't fall off, which was weird. When I walked out, I stared at the fascinating artist. He looked at me but didn't say anything. I looked at myself in the weird copier. The red turtleneck could be seen under the black and blue jacket. The different pieces of clothing were a bit new to me but I didn't hate it.

Ink: I like it but it's missing something.

  He mumbled as he turned me to face him. Suddenly, he put something on my face. Taking it off, I saw that it was red but also see through.

Me: What is this?

Ink: Glasses. Usually, it's to help people see but I gave you fake ones.

  I put them back on. Ink lifted a part of the jacket over my head. The glasses and jacket concealed my facial features a little. Ink's face changed when he looked at me.

Me: What are you doing with your face?

Ink: I'm smiling. You do that to show a form of happiness.

  Staring at him, I kept the memory of him "smiling" vivid in my head. Then, I smiled back. Ink blushed and quickly looked away.

(Time Skip)

  I sat on the bed while looking at my new clothing. Taking off my glasses and jacket, I went over the new things that I learned today. Then my mind went to the memory of Ink smiling. Suddenly...

I felt myself smile

A Quick Discussion

Error learned how to smile. *claps* yey