Chapter 25 - Resisting

3rd Person POV (Spotlight: Ink's Father)

  The lead scientist was bent over his desk while flipping through his papers. It had been a long day of endless work and he was ready to finish.

  Leaning back in his chair, he exhaled a frustrated sigh before pinching his nose bridge. Ever since his son, Ink, apologized for going deviant, he couldn't stop thinking about the incident. He remembered that day vividly.

  The day when his own child volunteered to be tested on. To become... the original weapon of mass destruction. However, the result was disastrous.

  Ink's biological body could not withstand the raw energy of the radiation. This caused his soul to decay, leading Ink to fall into insanity. In his moments of unstable mentality, Ink killed several people, including his own mother. The scientists had to remove Ink's soul to calm him down.

  The soul of a monster controls everything in the body. From the mental state to the physical state. Because of the smart mind of Ink's father, he was able to figure out how his child could survive without one and change nothing else.

  The thoughts of the leading scientist was interrupted when the door of his office was opened. Looking up, he saw a guard that seemed to be in a panic. In the guard's hand, was a small journal.

???: Can't you see that I'm busy?

Guard: It's urgent, sir.

  The guard stopped to take a quick breath before saying an entire speech.

Guard: I found a journal on a table in one of the testing rooms. It doesn't say who wrote in it but the contents are disturbing. There... is a traitor among us. They were sent by the enemy to infiltrate us and steal our information. That's most likely how they knew about the Project. This book was written by the traitor. And that same traitor was sent... to assassinate Ink Comyet.

  The leading scientist abruptly stood up from his chair, his eyes wide.

???: What?!

  He quickly ran out of his office and down the hallway with the guard running behind him. Despite the years of negligence, the scientist still loved his child.

  The scientist had to get there quickly as Ink's room was across the building. It didn't help that there was people that wanted to ask him questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink's POV

  I drew in my sketchbook as I enjoyed the quietness of my room. Although, I greatly missed Error but I couldn't do anything since I was stuck in a bed.

  My attention was pulled away from my drawing when the door quietly opened. I saw Mason, the young kid from a few days ago. He was holding two cups of an unknown liquid. Both of the liquids were a calm green.

Mason: Herbal tea. Good for you and it's good in its own way.

  I smiled when he smiled. It was strangely contagious. His brown curly hair and freckles made him look adorable, like a little kid. I didn't like him romantically, he was just like a cute ten year old.

Me: Thank you, Mason. I've never tried tea before.

Mason: I really like it.

  He headed me the cup in his right hand. I took sip from the cup. I gave him a weird expression.

Me: It has a strange taste.

Mason: Tea is an acquired taste, Ink.

  He sat in a chair next to my bed. I listened as he talked to me. There was suddenly a weird feeling in my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error's POV

  I was sitting on the floor when red smoke started to pump into the room. I began to cough as I became paralyzed. The voices of the male and female could be heard from the other side of the wall.

Female: So the chemical works? What does it do, besides paralyzing it.

'How did they get the Athenal Oxide?'

Male: It supposed to keep it in line. That's what our agent told us. The chemical shuts it down in liquid form and paralyzes it in gas form.

  There was suddenly a new voice. It sounded familiar to me for some reason.

???: So you remember Ink Comyet?

Female: Yeah, he's threat to us. We need him dead.

???: Well, I was able to hit him with a sniper rifle. However he managed to survive... but I will take care of the problem.

  My eyes widened.

'Ink's alive?!'

  My soul started to beat faster as I realized that I had a reason to fight again. This damn chemical was keeping me in one place.

  The door of my cell was opened and three people walked in. I recognized two of them but I was shocked when I saw...

The identity of a traitor