Chapter 23 - Apologizing

Ink's POV

  I was stuck in the hospital bed and it was absolutely boring. Luckily, Jess came by to keep me company for a little bit. She was sitting on a chair while talking with me.

Me: I've been feeling really nauseous lately.

Jess: You might be sick, Ink. You are currently being given medicine to help with your gun wound.

  Our peace was killed when father bursted into the room, a paper firmly in his hand. He did not look happy.

Father: You... had sex with it!

  Jess took this moment to leave the room, leaving me alone with my father.

  The paper that he was holding was slammed onto my bed. I picked it up and stared at it. I noticed that it was a pregnancy scan.

Father: That is inside of you, Ink. You're pregnant with the Project's offspring.

  I couldn't form any words as I was just as surprised as he was.

Me: I didn't know.

Father: What part did you not know?

Me: I didn't know I could become pregnant with Error's baby.

Father: We gave it a male reproductive system.

  Setting the paper down, I put my hand over my stomach. There was another living being in there now.

  I heard father sigh loudly. I could tell that he was frustrated as he pinched his nose bridge.

Father: What am I going to do with you, Ink? I can't even settle on the fact that you let it fuck you.

Me: I'm sorry okay! Jesus, get off my ass.

Father: I'm your father, I have to keep you from doing stupid shit!

Me: You stopped being my father a long time ago!

  A black inky tear crawled down my cheek. My father stopped talking and walked towards the bed. He sat in his chair before looking at the floor.

Father: I'm happy for you, Ink. But I never wanted for you to be in this situation. You should have a child with a real person, not artificial intelligence.

The atmosphere of the entire room completely changed in a second.

  I didn't say anything. In a way, I agreed with him. I never expected myself to be here but there's no turning back. However, most of me is excited. I was pregnant with the child of the person that I love.

Me: I'm keeping it.

  My father didn't respond. He knew that I was going to say that.

Me: Hey dad.

Father: What?

Me: How about a truce?

  He thought for a second, then slowly nodded. From then on, there was an unspoken neutral bond between us.

  An awkward silence fell upon us. The only thing that father and I did was argue. Now, we didn't know how to talk normally.

Me: So... um... how's life for you?

Father: Stressful. With the whole war happening and everything. Especially now that the enemy has the Project.

Me: Do you sometimes wish that mom didn't die?

Father: Everyday.

  I tried to think of something else to talk about.

Me: Dad... I'm sorry.

Father: For what?

Me: About it being your fault for me losing my soul. It was my idea in the first place. I was just... so angry at you.

Father: No, I'll take the blame. It's my fault that I was careless with how I did the experiment.

Me: No, dad, it's all my fault. When my soul was destroyed, I lost control and killed so many people. I should have been stronger.

Father: You didn't have control of yourself. It's not your fault.

I fiddled with my brown scarf. The "Incident" haunts me everyday. Even if I try to forget, it's always in the back of my mind.

Father stood up suddenly from his chair. He picked up the paper and set it on a metal table. He was fixing to walk out of the room when I stopped him.

Me: Wait.

He listened without turning to me.

Me: I'm sorry...

For killing mom

A Quick Discussion

I made a background for my profile.

  It's fucking sick! I like it, I like it a lot

It's fucking sick! I like it, I like it a lot. As you can see, it has the covers for all of my books that I am working on. And... if you look closely, you can see an unknown cover that looks like a broken mirror. That is a little hint for what I'm working on. Anyway, just wanted to show my little project.

Stay Creative...