Chapter 29 - Checking - (Short)

Since Ink and Error are reunited, it will now go back to just being Error's POV.

Error's POV

  I sat next to Ink's bed in standby. I may have been motionless but I was still fully aware of my surroundings. Scientists occasionally stopped by to check on Ink as he slept. Even then, I was listening to everything.

  At one time, I had asked one of them why there was a living being inside of Ink. They responded that Ink was carrying my offspring. However, I didn't know the definition of offspring.

  I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a groan. Quickly coming out of standby, I turned around to see Ink waking up. A smile appeared on my face.

  Ink looked around and spotted me. He was silent for a split second, processing it in his head then gasped. His arms wrapped around me, leading me to do the same but with a gentler grip.

Ink: I was so afraid. I didn't know where you were and I couldn't come to help you.

  He continued to ramble but I stopped him by simply kissing him.

Me: I missed you too.

I softly said, pulling away to see black tears rolling down Ink's cheeks.

Me: I know about the offspring.

Ink: Oh yeah... that. Surprise, you're a father now.

Ink awkwardly laughed as he faced forward. I stared at him, wondering what my next words were going to be. My mind told me that Ink was uncomfortable about this offspring so I went silent about the topic.

  The room was quiet for a few minutes, causing me to get anxious. I listened carefully when I heard the door open. Ink's father walked in which I became alert in case of a potential threat.

???: Calm down, bulldog. I just came in here to check on my son.

  I growled as I loosened up a little.

  The scientist stood next to Ink, grabbing a clipboard in the process.

???: How are you feeling?

Ink: Fine I guess.

???: Any pain or anything noticeably different?

Ink: No.

  The man sighed, sitting down in a chair.

???: There is one important thing that you need to know, Ink.

Ink: What is it?

???: How do I form this into words? Your child isn't going to be normal. Since the father, Error, is artificial and not an actual living being, the child will be half artificial. This also results in the baby to develop faster than a normal one which is not good for you. Meaning...

Ink: There's a possibility that I will die.

  Ink said monotonly to his father.

???: ...

Yes