Chapter 8 - Antagonizing

The sound of the door opening caught my attention. I wasn't able to move my head because of the Athenal Oxide but I could see their feet. It was the shoes that one of the scientists wore.

I felt someone adjust the chains that were attached to the sides of the room, keeping my arms outwards away from me. When they were done, they stood in front of me. My anger increased but I couldn't do anything about it. They exhaled a breath before they began to walk around the room. When the scientist started to talk, I instantly recognized it as the leader.

???: You will be put into training once I do a few tests.

  He put a syringe into my neck and injected something into me. He began to walk back and forth throughout the room. As he tested me, I felt my blood burning. Not from whatever he injected into me, but from rage.

???: Your mind has evolved greatly, Project-7834EQ. It seems Agent Comyet has been teaching you some things recently.

  I managed all of my strength to speak.

Me: My... name... is... Error.

???: Pardon?

Me: My... name... is... Error.

  He exhaled a breath.

???: I see. You will be put through training in a few minutes.

  He exited the room, leaving me to my thoughts. I thought about the place outside of the building. If I could figure out a way to escape these chains, I could find Ink and then we could leave this place.

  The drawing on the wall came to me. The layout of the rooms and hallways. There were a total of fifteen major rooms and three hallways that connected them together. The exit was to the right of the building. I just had to figure out where I was and where Ink was. I didn't want to think about the possibility that he could be dead.

Guards walked into the room and disconnected the chains from the things that covered my hands. They picked me up and dragged me out of the room. I slowly felt my motion come back to me as I was put into the training room. Looking at the clear wall, I saw the scientists writing on their boards.

The guards took off the covers on my hands. Taking this as an opportunity, I blasted a guard with one of my weapons. This caused the others to point their guns at me. Putting my hands up, I pretended to surrender. That's when I created strings and used them to destroy the guns.

  Suddenly, one of them pulled out a smaller gun and shot my arm with a weird object. Looking at it, I saw that it was filled with Athenal Oxide. That's when my vision became blurry as I fell to the ground.

'How can such a strong weapon be easily defeated by a simple liquid?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I was locked up in the strange room again. They made sure that I was paralyzed completely. The chains were tightened and they put more around my body.

  I heard the door open. My anger grew as I expected it to be a guard or scientist. However, it wasn't either of them.

Me: Who... are... you?

???: It's Jess. You know, the chick you hurt with that Blaster?

  She kneeled in front on me.

Jess: Ink is still alive.

Me: He... is?