Chapter 14 - Drafting

My eyes were closed as I embraced Ink. Currently, the artist was sleeping while I was peacefully laying still.

Ink's phone began to make a sound, causing me to go into alert. Ink woke up and grabbed the object.

Ink: Contra is calling me. I'll be right back and stay absolutely quiet.

Me: Okay.

Ink walked into the bathroom before closing the door behind him. Not seconds later, I heard yelling. My curiosity increased as I wanted to know what was happening. I listened to Ink's voice through the door.

Ink: So what if I have him. I love him and he doesn't deserved to be treated like your slave.

He was talking to someone but I couldn't make it out.

Ink: I'm being selfish?! You're the one who's selfish! Where were you when I needed help in school? Where were you when I tried to kill myself? Where were you when I was dying?! You were in your little office. What am I to you?

There was silence from the other end.

Ink: That's what I thought. I'm just your son who also happens to be your failed experiment.

I put my hand on the door handle and realized that it was unlocked. Silently opening the door, I was able to see Ink's face. It honestly scared me a little. Ink had an expression of pure hatred.

I heard the other person speak which caused Ink to become even more pissed. Ink was silent for a minute before angrily inhaling.

Ink: Fine fine. But after this, I'm no longer your son.

He hung up and started walking to the door. I quickly teleported onto the bed so it would look like I wasn't eavesdropping.

Me: So um... what was that about?

Ink: I'm being drafted into the war.

Me: What?!

  Ink nodded as he sat himself on the bed and buried his face into his hands. I put my hand on his back and began rubbing circles on it. As another form of comfort, I pulled Ink against my chest before kissing the back of his head.

Ink: I have to go.

Me: Why?

Ink: Because it's to serve my country. It's one of the reasons why I joined Contra.

Me: Then I'm coming with you.

  I didn't hesitate to say that. If Ink was going someplace dangerous, then I must there to protect him. Besides, my former purpose was to fight in this war.

  Ink didn't argue with me as it was pointless. To make sure that he knew I would always be by his side, I made Ink look at me and pulled him into a kiss. Ink returned it as he buried himself in my turtleneck.

(Time Skip)

  We stood a distance away from the entrance of the Contra building. I was holding Ink's hand with a tight grip. This time, I wasn't going to let them take him away from me.

  They will see that I wasn't some object. I was a person who experienced real emotions and was in love with an artist dubbed as Ink.

Ink: Are you sure about this, Error? They can lock you away.

Me: I am absolutely certain.