Chapter 11 - Listening

I opened my eyes to see myself laying on Ink's bed but Ink wasn't there. For the first time of my life, I actually slept. The feeling of waking up was so unknown to me. My body felt relaxed and strangely ready for whatever comes next. Thinking to myself, I agreed that I should sleep more.

  Standing up, I started looking for Ink. Then, I noticed the sound coming from the other side of the bathroom door.

  Walking up to it, I pressed myself against the hard surface. It sounded like Ink's voice but it kept changing pitches. However, I really like listening to it.

  I started to become more curious so I gently put my hand on the door handle and quietly pulled it open.

  Silently walking into the bathroom, I instantly felt the hot temperature hit my face. Steam floated around the top of the room and it sounded like water was harshly falling from something.

  I saw Ink's silhouette behind the curtain but I didn't approach any further. Sitting on the tiled floor, I watched Ink and listened to his voice.

  Suddenly, the sound of the water stopped and Ink then pulled the curtain to side. He instantly saw me. A scream erupted from him as he slipped, causing him to fall.

  Something inside of me told me to save him. Quickly standing up, I tried to get to him but I wasn't fast enough to reach him. I wished I would've have seen this coming. That's when I was suddenly holding Ink in my arms on the bed.

'What happened?'

Me: How are we here? Weren't we in the bathroom?

Ink: You... teleported.

  He looked up at me, rainbow blush completely covering his cheeks. Ink wasn't wearing any clothes so I was able to get a look at his skeletal body. Black swirl markings decorated his purely white bones. The markings matched the black stain on his cheek.

Me: Are you okay?

  Ink nodded which led me to release a sigh of relief. Subconsciously, I pulled Ink's naked body close to mine to make sure he wouldn't get hurt. Ink's mismatched eye lights changed to rainbow hearts and rainbow blush covered his cheeks.

Ink: Um, Error.

Me: Yes?

Ink: Could you... let go of me.

Me: Why?

Ink: I'm not wearing any clothes.

I looked down at Ink but he covered my eyes so I couldn't see his black swirl markings. He pushed himself out of my arms and quickly walked back into the bathroom.

  While he put clothes on himself, I stared at the ceiling thinking about what had happened in the past few minutes. I learned a new ability and I saved Ink from hitting himself in whatever he was using.

Ink came back with a large sweater and pajama pants. Rainbow blush was completely covering his face, telling me he was quite embarrassed that I saw his markings.

  He sat down next to me but didn't speak a single word. I looked at him which caused his multicolored blush to become a more solid shade.

  Suddenly, he mumbled something that I wasn't able to make out.

Me: Pardon?

Ink: How much did you hear?

Me: Of what?

Ink: Of me singing.

Me: Is that what you were doing with your voice?

  He looked away and nodded.

Me: All of it.

  That's when Ink groaned and stuffed his face inside of his brown scarf. It wasn't very effective in hiding his rainbow blush.

Ink: I'm sorry you had to hear that. I've never liked my singing voice.

  Putting my hand on his shoulder, I made him look at me.

Me: What are you apologizing for? Your voice is one of my favorite things about you, Ink.

  His eyes changed to multicolored hearts but than changed to a green square and pink rhombus.

Ink: You... like my voice?

  I nodded in response to his question. There was a faint smile that appeared on his face.

  There was something in his eyes that told me he wanted to the topic to be different. This led my mind to think about others conversations.

Me: I slept for the first time. Is that of any significance?

Ink: Usually, sleeping helps with mental health or deprivation. But for you, it just gets rid of any unwanted or unneeded time. Other than that, you're evolving to act more bio than artificial.

  For some reason, I started to space out and my thoughts were only of kissing Ink. Since I always followed what my mind told me to do, I pulled Ink in and kissed him.

  He was surprised by my abrupt action but eventually returned to the gesture. However, my mind didn't just want a kiss... it wanted more...

I wanted more