Never Again

It was another night in the Tomlinson-Styles household. Harry was finishing up on the dishes and Louis was fluffing up the pillows on their bed. They always brushed their teeth together, it was one of the unsaid but agreed on things between them. Soon Harry walked into their bedroom with a wet t-shirt on. "You clumsy frog, what did you do?" Louis asked, walking up to Harry and helping his lover take his shirt off. "Well I was going to wash a spoon but it didn't really like me," Harry grinned. Louis just chuckled and shook his head in response. "Let's just go brush our teeth," Louis said, taking Harry's hand and leading him to the washroom.

It wasn't long before they were done brushing their teeth and were cuddled up in bed. "You smell really nice Hazza," Louis murmured, burying his face into Harry's hair. Harry might have been the more dominant one in their relationship but it was agreed on that he preferred being the little spoon. "I am glad I do, kitten," Harry sighed, suddenly turning around and cradling Louis impossibly close to him. "I wanna be big spoon tonight," he decided, and Louis hummed in response, too caught up in being so close to Harry. It never got old for him, being near Harry. He still got butterflies every time he looked at him and still felt sparks fly when they kissed. "Goodnight Loulou," Harry cooed, kissing Louis' face for what looked like a thousand times. "Sweet dreams, Hazza," Louis whispered, heart still beating fast from being kissed so many times. Harry was not one to shy away from showing the feathery haired boy how much he loved him and Louis enjoyed every second of it. Not only was it better than just being told 'I love you', he also felt so impossibly happy and almost felt like he could float away with how light he felt when Harry cuddled him and gave him kisses.

Louis was in no way prepared for what Harry would be like the next day. That morning Louis woke up a little late as it was the weekend and walked into the kitchen to see a disheveled Harry drinking coffee. "Good morning, Haz. Sleep well?" Louis inquired, wrapping his arms around Harry from behind. "Hmmm good morning. Do you want a cup of coffee?" he asked, slightly leaning into Louis' touch because the pixie-like boy was just that soft after getting up from bed. "Take a sip but don't swallow," Louis ordered and Harry followed accordingly, slightly confused as to what his Lou was up to. Louis then proceeded to kiss Harry, coffee flowing into his mouth. "This is a better way to drink your coffee don't you think?" Louis asked with a cheeky smile. Harry wasn't having any of it this morning so he just nodded in response. "I'll get breakfast started then. Pancakes or waffles?" Louis asked, not showing the pang of hurt he felt at the coldness Harry was showing towards him. "Anything you like, just don't burn the house down," Harry said plainly, walking out into the living room. Louis was almost in tears at that point. Why would his Haribo act like this with him?

Louis had managed to avoid the ticking bomb he called his lover until lunchtime rolled around. He had made baked chicken with roasted veggies, remembering to put the pepper grinder on the table knowing Harry sometimes liked a little more pepper in his food. "I made lunch. Would you like to eat now?" Louis cautiously asked Harry who was typing away furiously at his laptop. "Yes I would. Thank you Louis," Harry sighed, closing his laptop and getting up from the couch. Louis clenched his teeth at being called by his name. Harry always called him by a pet name. The last time he had been called Louis was when they had gotten into a rather ugly fight. "You're welcome, Hazza," Louis said, sitting at the table across from Harry. "What is this? You could have put a little more pepper," Harry grumbled. Louis was quick to hand him the pepper grinder. "Also you could have placed it near my plate seeing you don't like your food with pepper," Harry seethed, a little louder than what Louis would have liked. Louis just nodded in response, tears threatening to spill from his eyes at any moment. "Don't you dare cry. I cannot deal with it right now," Harry almost shouted. Louis flinched at that. "I was not going to," Louis said with a cracked voice, putting a piece of chicken in his mouth. The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

Soon it was time for bed after eating leftovers for dinner. Harry had even brushed his teeth while Louis was doing the dishes. "You have been nothing but horrible to me all day. What do you have to say for yourself?" Louis shouted, tears streaming down his cheeks. "What have I done?" Harry asked calmly, looking up from the book he was reading. "Nothing. You have done nothing. I am going to sleep," Louis said after having gained composure. He stripped down to his boxers and got under the covers. Harry suddenly put his book down and moved to cuddle into Louis' chest. "Now you want me? Guess what? I don't. Stay away from me," Louis said, pushing Harry away and facing away from him. "Loulou I am so sorry. I have been a horrible husband. Please don't be mad at me. I don't deserve it but can you cuddle me please?" Harry pleaded, pulling at Louis' shoulder. Louis begrudgingly turned around and let Harry press his face into his face. "What had gotten you like that all day?" Louis asked, playing with his curls. "I didn't  get a wink of sleep last night. I was so uncomfortable all night," Harry mumbled. "Well then I am never letting you be big spoon ever again," Louis said, kissing Harry's head. "Hazza?" Louis asked softly. "Yes kitten?" Harry asked, looking up at him with droopy eyes. "You did not kiss me even once today. Make it up to me tomorrow,"  Louis said, kissing his eyes shut. "Go to sleep love. We'll wake up late tomorrow. It's Sunday." Louis whispered. "Never again," Harry mumbled as he fell asleep and Louis could only smile at his adorable husband.