In Another Life pt. 1

This is gonna have 2 parts *smiles giddily* Haven't done one of those in a while :)

ARRANGED MARRIAGE AU

"Are you ready?" Lottie asked, perfecting her brother's bowtie. "Tell me how to know when you're ready to marry a stranger that your parents want you to marry," Louis answered sassily. "Oh come on, Lou. He's cute and polite. And you'll be proper spoiled, you know he's a lawyer and all," Lottie shushed, straightening his suit jacket's lapels. "Oh please. I am cuter," Louis pouted. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Dad's waiting for you," she dismissed him. Louis flashed her a middle finger and walked out of the dressing room with all the sass he had in his 5'8 stature. It was a lot of sass. "You take that back right now!" she yelled with a smile playing on her lips. "Never!" he yelled back, joining his father outside the church. "Lou, I know you think this is a horrible idea but Robin is a great man and your mum has been best friends with Anne since kindergarten. They got separated after uni so you never got to meet Harry. He's a good lad. He'll keep you happy," Mark assured him but it did little to calm Louis' nerves. "Let's just do this yeah? I am gonna run away if I get cold feet," Louis huffed, fidgeting. "Right then, let's go," his father smiled.

Louis had met Harry a lot of times in the past month but he looked really good that day. All clean-shaven and suited up, he looked like he just walked off the runway. And Louis felt just a little smug knowing he was the one marrying that Adonis. Of course, he didn't throw a smug look at the girl eyeing his husband, absolutely he didn't. Soon he was in front of Harry and all the confidence that he had, flew out the window. He was actually getting married to that Greek God of a man and it was happening too fast. "Hey, it's okay. We'll go inside as soon as people start going outside for the after-party," Harry whispered, his voice comforting as if he were talking to an upset child. It worked, Louis felt a little better knowing his partner wasn't uptight.

Soon, it was time for their vows. Harry went first.
"Louis, today I take you to be my husband. I promise to be by your side in sickness and health, in poverty and wealth. I promise you a relationship where you will never feel the need to hide or lie, I promise you a home where you'll always know you are needed, I promise you will never have a day when you will feel unloved and I promise to you that I will be more than your husband, I will be your friend and your lover. I do not ask for anything but for you to share the path that is ahead of us," Harry smiled.
Louis was slowly tearing up, what had he done to deserve him?
"Harry, today I take you to be my husband. May our days be long and filled with trust, love and respect. I will respect you, honour you and cherish you for as long as we both live. I promise to learn to love all sides of you, even the sides you don't love of yourself. I wish to grow with you, learn with you and live out the rest of our days hand in hand. May we never be parted till death," Louis said with a soft smile. Harry was shocked, maybe he wasn't the only one who had began to fall in love.

"I pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss," the officiant said with a little tear falling down the corner of his cheek. It was a soft peck but Harry was giddy with happiness. It almost felt as if he was back in high school and he got to kiss his crush. People started trickling out of the chapel after that and Harry pulled the smaller lad into his dressing room. "Uhm thank you, Harry. There were just too many people. Your vows were amazing. Like really nicely written. You should be a writer," Louis rambled, still not over the fact that he was married to Harry. The taller lad gave out a short laugh. "Your vows were brilliant too. Trust me. Oh and I had creative writing as one of my minors in uni," Harry smiled. "Right uh thank you. You look nice today. Like your hair looks really nice. And your dimples are cute shit I mean your jacket fits well," Louis flushed. Why was he acting like he was talking to his crush from sixth grade? He was a grown man for God's sake. Harry's heart was blooming with happiness. "Thanks, Lou," Harry laughed, dimples popping, "Your eyes are very beautiful, love. They're like the colour of the sea in summer. You must look so pretty on summer afternoons then?" Harry remarked, a shy smile playing on his lips. "Cheeky aren't we, Styles?" Louis smirked. "Uh huh gotta be cheeky when I have the prettiest boy as my husband," Harry smiled. "Right then I should be the cheekiest considering you're a walking Adonis," Louis laughed. "Sure, whatever you say, love," Harry blushed. 'But you're the prettiest boy I've seen,' Harry thought, fondly staring at Louis fixing his quiff.

They had both gone out and were both mingling with people in the afterparty and the most asked question was 'Where were you two for so long?' Both of them blushed when that was asked. "So do you like him now?" Fizzy asked tentatively. "Yeah he's a nice lad," Louis blushed. "You're blushing! You like him!" she giggled. "Shut up and go botter Lottie," Louis huffed but nothing could get that smile off his face. Harry had called him the prettiest boy. "Alright alright you go latch yourself onto your crush," Fizzy teased, going over to the twins. "I'm not going to latch myself onto him," Louis whispered to himself just when Harry came to him with two champagne flutes. "You'd better not latch yourself to any man unless it's me," Harry laughed but you could see the possessiveness in his eyes. "Oh um I won't. I was talking about uh never mind," Louis fumbled, taking one of the flutes.

Louis sat on the bed while Harry finished up some work in his office. Was he going to have to sleep with Harry? He liked the man, sure. But he would need time to adjust with him. Yes, Harry was the human epitome of lava but Louis was never the one to fall so quick. He just hoped Harry would feel the same. "Lou I got you a cup of water to keep on the nightstand. I know you wake up in the middle of the night to drink water," Harry smiled, handing him the covered glass. "Thank you, love," Louis sighed, Harry was perfect. "I'm not," Harry mumbled. "What?" Louis asked. "Perfect. I am not perfect," Harry smiled. "Shit I said that out loud?" Louis gasped. "Mhm you did but I don't mind. You can always say whatever comes to your mind. Don't hide from me okay?" Harry answered. Louis simply nodded in response. "Right um, I need a pillow," Harry said to himself, grabbing one from the bed. "Where are you going?" Louis asked. "To the couch, my sweet. I don't want to pressurise you into anything. Let's get to know each other properly first, then we'll think about sharing the same bed," the taller lad explained. "Harry I..thank you. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you so much," Louis smiled coyly. "Go to sleep, darling. I'm taking us to the beach tomorrow," Harry smirked. "Why?" Louis asked, the carpet seeming more interesting than his husband's face. "To see exactly how pretty you look on a summer afternoon," Harry said adoringly. "You are a sap," Louis blushed. "Yup! I am very proud of it," Harry laughed. "Goodnight Harry," Louis whispered as he sunk into the plush mattress. "Sleep well, Lou," Harry responded from the couch. He was definitely falling fast and he couldn't be happier.

Could you please maybe follow my fan acc on Instagram pretty please only if you want to? It's //tomlinsuns_fringe. There's incorrect quotes and original poems about my favourite love story on there. Alsoo we could be friends on there maybe if you want just send me a text? Thank you so much, lovelies!! xx