44| Lost in him

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely, absolutely amazing -isawyouinadream

I don't know how to express how much your votes, comments and messages mean to me, and i'm really excited for you to see what's to come for this story. i hope you continue to enjoy!

────── ༻♛༺ ──────

By the time we walked out of the water, the sun had sunk to a low position in the sky. As it gradually dipped behind the mountains, it sent golden rays of light filtering towards us, bathing my skin in a warm glow.

Aldion shook his fur vigorously, sending a spray of water all over Legolas and I. I chuckled, sitting myself down on a rock as I squeezed the water out of my hair with my hands.

"I think that was the most fun I've had in decades."

"I don't think I have ever had so much fun." Legolas replied with a content smile on his face as his fingers deftly undid the braid in his hair.

I laid down upon the soft grass. Resting my head on my hand, I let the remaining rays of sunlight dry me, feeling the soft embrace of the earth beneath me.

"Thank you for coming with me today, Legolas."

Legolas glanced at me with a soft smile.

"Please, I should be the one thanking you."

He took a seat next to me. "I think we both needed this."

I let out a content sigh, sitting in silence together with Legolas. Birds trilled, sweetly high, the chorus as playful as the birds themselves. With closed eyes, I relished in the soft melody of nature, feeling the slightly chilly breeze against my skin.

A thought came to mind.

Now was probably a good time to talk to Legolas about us.

Reluctantly, I pushed myself off the ground into a seated position. However, before I could ask, something else caught my attention.

Although the sky above us was still relatively clear, dark clouds had gathered off in the distance, casting a shadow over the land beneath as it slowly travelled closer and closer towards us. A distant rumbling could be heard.

Legolas tensed up immediately, standing to his feet as he gazed towards the incoming storm.

"That doesn't look good."

I joined his side, peering out towards the dark clouds. Closing my eyes, I focused my attention onto Amarya. If any evil were to approach, Amarya should be able to sense it.

However, as hard as I tried, I did not detect anything abnormal. No abnormality, no darkness, no evil, nothing. I opened my eyes.

"I don't believe that it is anything sent by Sauron."

Legolas arched an eyebrow. "Really?"

I chuckled. "It is rare nowadays to see a storm that does not bring some sort of evil."

A loud rumble resonated through the valley. Legolas turned back, calling Arod over with a click of his tongue

"We should still go, unless we want to be caught out in the storm."

I nodded in agreement, gently rousing Aldion from his nap.

"Díheno nin (sorry), my friend. Looks like we need to go."

With a huff of annoyance, Aldion let me mount upon his back. Legolas steered Arod beside us. He glanced back at the approaching storm.

"Shall we go?"