41| The Seeing-Stone

This chapter is dedicated to LoverofBooks3

Thank you for your votes, they really mean a lot to me, and i hope you continue to enjoy my book <3

────── ༻♛༺ ──────

Aragorn frowned, noticing my abrupt stop. "Are you alright?"

I held up my hand showing him the pulsating glow of Amarya on my finger.

"Something's wrong."

My head began to grow heavier as whispers in an unknown tongue seeped into my mind. Legolas glanced at Aragorn in concern.

"I feel something too. Something stirs in the east, a sleepless malice."

My breaths were shallow as I tried to comprehend his words over the pounding of my head.

Legolas widened his eyes. "He's here."

Without warning, a sharp pain exploded within my skull. I clutched my head as my knees gave way beneath me. Colourful spots flashed in front of my eyes as I collapsed to the floor, Legolas and Aragorn's shouts drowned out by the countless voices that consumed my hearing from within.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying fruitlessly to block out the pain. I tried to cry out, but the pain was writhing, suffocating, like a noose around my neck, strangling every breath I tried to take with its iron grip.

Amarya continued to throb intensely to the point where it felt as if it was burning.

Then, as abruptly as it began, the pain dissipated, like fog on a windy day.

My breaths fell in shallow pants as my vision cleared, and I found myself kneeling on the cold stone.

What on earth just happened to me?

Sweat beaded my forehead as I let my body crumple backwards, the ceiling above me swirling endlessly. Legolas caught me, supporting me with his arms as I fell into him. My strength had deserted me, and all I could do was gasp for air and pray that the throbbing in my ears and the swaying of my vision would subside, but to no avail.

Aragorn was kneeling before me, his brows furrowed as he placed a hand on my forehead.

"Sauron..." I managed to get out, my voice strained, "...you should check on the hobbits..."

Legolas glanced at Aragorn in alarm. "You go to them, I'll stay with Daeriel."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. Somehow, I could sense that I wasn't the only one affected.

"I'll be alright." I assured weakly. "Go."

Aragorn nodded, sending me one last concerned glance before running back into the hall, his hurried footsteps echoing behind him. Legolas turned his attention back to me, bringing his hand up to my face. His skin felt cool against my warm, flushed cheeks.

"What happened, Daeriel?" He asked, his eyes scanning me for any injuries. Though the night was still dark, I could see the worry emanating from his expression.

"I...I don't know," I replied, threading my brows as I tried to blink away the black spots dancing across my vision and sighing in frustration when they would not go away, "but one thing I know is that..."

I closed my eyes, my brows knitted together as I tried to interpret the hellish minute or two that I had experienced.

"...I felt Sauron's presence. It was him. H-how is that possible? How was he here?"