eighteen.

The light shining in on me through the staff room windows woke me gently, a harsh contrast to my awakening the morning before. It took me a few moments to register where I was and the events that had occurred last night. I swung my legs off the side of the couch, rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before I had to decide what to do today.

I folded up my blankets and put them back in the storeroom beside Harry's office. My phone and charger still sat beside the couch I slept on, along with my bag. I had very little desire to do any work in the classroom today but I was so close to finishing it, I was certain if I worked how I did yesterday, I could finish it today. I gathered my things and headed towards the room. On my way down the hallway, I checked my phone to see I had messages from Will I didn't read last night.

Message From: William Gregory
Come home
I love you baby
Miss youuuuuuu
goodnit

My eyes rolled instinctively and I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I only had to arrange the posters and clutter for the room to be 100% finished, so that is what I was going to throw all my attention at today. My hair was thrown into a knot of sorts and I connected my phone to my speaker.

The first hour of my day was spent rearranging the classroom like I do at the start of every term. Every now and again, I would catch my mind slipping to the events of the night before. I had tried to forget it for his and my sake, but I just couldn't. The way his body uncontrollably shook and the sweat that pooled off him was an image I don't imagine I'll forget anytime soon. I felt guilty for seeing him in such a vulnerable state but then his voice begging, pleading for me to stay with him enters my mind and I am reminded that at the time, it was best for me to be there.

I thought about it a lot, and other than the storm, I couldn't visually see anything that would set someone off like that. So many possibilities existed and other than him explicitly telling me what it was, I guess I'd never 100% know.

I continually returned my attention to the floor plan of the room, fitting 12 tables, a desk and numerous communal work spaces was difficult in the space given.

Please don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone.

He sounded so afraid, his voice rang in my ears and gave me a headache.

I shook my head and returned to my current task which was moving the bookshelves. By 10am, the room was finally laid out how I wanted it and I was happy.

*Play Who's That Chick? By David Guetta*

I had 5 bags of bits and pieces to arrange across the room as well as numerous posters to hang across the walls. I wouldn't say I went over the top with decorations, but I would say I made good use of the budget.

I had glanced in a few of the other classrooms and from what I could see, they had mostly used the budget for posters and decorations. My room was the only room that was fully refurbished from top to bottom.

I don't really care. I just wanna dance. The bags were emptied into a pile on my desk and I began to place random items around the room. The chorus of this song always left me with no choice but to jump around to it, so I did. Little statues of fish, planets and other odd things were placed along the bench at the back of the room that held all my supplies such as paper and pencils for the students.

"Who's that chick? Who's that chick?" When being Rihanna is an option, never turn it down.

I made my way over to the pile of posters and chose some I wanted to put up now. I had got enough to rotate them throughout the year. The one I chose had a scene of a bedroom window and outside the window was space, planets and the stars.

My mind instantly replayed last night, looking at the curtain that was almost ripped completely from the railing and the storm that brewed just behind the glass of the window. The way something seemingly minor to some, was enough to bring a grown man to his knees and tremble. I knew it was the storm, but I wasn't going to ask him for clarification.

Like, hey. Can I just confirm that the one thing that destroys you from the inside out is bad weather? Cheers.

I don't really care. I just wanna dance. I don't really care. My hands worked to secure the poster on the wall while my hip kept bopping along to the music.

"Who's that chick? Who's that chick? Too cold for you to keep her, too hot for you to leave her. Who's that chick? Who's that chick?" My voice did its best, but it would never be able to replicate David's.

 Who's that chick? Who's that chick?" My voice did its best, but it would never be able to replicate David's

I turned away from the wall and continued to dance along to the tune. Until I saw Harry standing uncomfortably in the doorway. His usual smirk was nowhere to be found and his jaw was tense. The dark bags under his eyes gave away just how tired he was, obviously not getting alot of sleep due to the storm.

I stopped my mini dance party in its tracks and I could tell I was about to be on the receiving end of a spray. I adjusted the hem of my hoodie and cleared my throat.

"What can I help you with?" Pleading ignorance might not have been my best choice but I had committed to it.

"Why were you here last night and why was your car still here first thing this morning?" He was really acting cold today. If I had known that opening a door would be enough to unleash the biggest asshole I'd ever met, I would have walked away.

"I didn't feel safe or comfortable driving home in the weather last night, so I slept here. I figured I was going to be here in the morning anyway so it would be convenient. Why does me being here all night matter?"

His tongue ran along the inside of his cheek and he rolled his eyes. His arms crossed over his chest before he returned eye contact. "Because you shouldn't have stayed here without permission and you should have stayed well and truely out of my business. You didn't know what I was doing in that office, but you just decided to barged in."

"And aren't you lucky I barged in? Aren't you lucky I decided to stick around? But no, you're too pig headed to realise that my presence actually benefited you." I hadn't realised how many steps forward I had taken during my rant until I lifted my finger to point at him and my hand hit against his chest.

He looked down at me, his tired eyes were dark and looking at me like I was his worst enemy in this moment. "Never let it happen again, got it?" He whispered down to me sharply.

"Noted." I whispered back, maintaining the attitude I was being given.

Harry spun on his heel and darted out of the room quicker than he came in. The final 3 decorative pieces were placed around the room and I could now say that the room was 100% done and dusted. I wished I could feel the sense of joy and accomplishment I had thought would come with finishing it, but all I felt was anger towards a certain curly haired fuck.