fifty two.

60,000 reads is literally indescribable. I can not even fathom it. I love you all so so much x

*****

Breakfast was awkward.

The light shining through the still open curtains woke me this morning, my being awake was enough to make Harry stir. Although we woke up at 11:00am, Harry and I didn't emerge from his room until 12:30pm. We enjoyed the cocoon of privacy until we decided it was time to face the awaiting embarrassment.

Once we left his room, Clem and Adrian were sitting together at the table eating their toast. In an effort to relieve some of the tension of the situation, I stupidly sat down opposite them with my cup of coffee in hand. Reluctantly, Harry joined me at the table but kept his eyes fixed on the cup in his hand.

No one was brave enough to break the silence that fell between us, so we sat there for twenty minutes with no words spoken. That was until Clem and Adrian shared a knowing glance before both letting out little giggles. I raised my eyebrow towards them in an attempt to gain some knowledge on the information I was inevitably a part of.

"So how did the date go, Josephine? I heard you come," I almost spat my coffee out at the statement, "come home that is, what else could I possibly be asking about?" Adrians eye dropped in a teasing wink which left my cheeks flushed.

I sought comfort in Harry, burying my face in his shoulder as the three of them erupted in laughter. His arms wrapped around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him while his chest shook as he laughed away the tension.

I was glad Clem wasn't mad at me. Not for the being loud thing, she deserved that after the show we received, but I was so relieved she wasn't upset I had been with her brother. She and Adrian are the only friends I have had in a long time and I wouldn't survive losing them over something like this. We spoke for another twenty minutes before the conversation shifted to something I was uncertain about.

"So anyway before I called Adrian last night, I was on the phone with Ella for over an hour, we've planned that weekend away and I am so excited. We found this cute four bedroom air bnb and it was available for next weekend! Considering we're already two weeks into spring, the weather should be perfect. So we booked it, we figured four bedrooms would work and it's right on the beach so it will be absolutely beautiful." Clem looked so thrilled, but the mention of Ella's name left an uneasy feeling in my gut.

"That sounds great, we'll discuss it and get back to you." Harry replied, squeezing my shoulder in reassurance.

"Oh god, look at them! They're acting like such a couple right now. Who's we, Harold?" Adrian laughed, leaning his elbows on the table and cocking his head to the side.

"We're not a couple, Adrian. Not until the boss says so. Also, you're currently playing house inside my sister, so lower your voice when you speak to me."

Clem let out a gag so deep it sounded like it came from her feet, Adrians face went bright red and Harry threw his head back with a chesty laugh. After that conversation, it was probably best we left the table and returned to the sanctuary that is Harry's room.

"Can you pass me my phone? I should actually make sure I have nothing next weekend before we discuss if we're going."

I passed his phone over to him but not without noticing his background. He had changed it at some point between last night and this morning because instead of it being a picture of him and Clem from when they were little, it was the picture we had taken last night on the observation deck.

 He had changed it at some point between last night and this morning because instead of it being a picture of him and Clem from when they were little, it was the picture we had taken last night on the observation deck

"It's up to you, they're your friends. If you want to go, I'll go."

"It's not up to me, boss. If you don't want to go, we will stay here for the weekend. If you want to go, then we will go and spend a weekend together on the beach." He made it sound so simple, like any choice I made was going to be the right one.

"Do you really mean that?" I broke our silence.

We had been laying on his bed again for the last hour or so, just cuddling up under his blanket and enjoying each others company. The question had been circling my mind like crazy and I needed to get it off my chest. There was no way I held all the power in our not-yet-relationship.

"What do you mean?" He sat up on his elbow, looking down at me.

"Would you seriously wait for me to declare what we are? You're not going to get sick of my hesitancy and quit?" I was really letting my insecurities out to dry right now, so I avoided eye contact.

"I wasn't kidding that day in my office when I said you were the boss, and I have meant it every time since that I have said it. I would genuinely hang out with you like we are now with no labels forever if you didn't want to title anything. I mean that with my whole heart."

A stupid smile took over my face and I couldn't stop myself from pulling his down to meet mine. He was perfect, too perfect. Everything about him screamed flawless, I was yet to find any downsides to him.

"I think I want to go to the beach house. As long as our room is nowhere near Ella's... or Clem and Adrians at this rate."

He chuckled against my lips, "That can be arranged."

*****

Besties, things are about to go south for my two favourite people, I hope ya'll are ready