sixty five.

I decided it was best for me to not mention my encounter with Will to Harry. Will wasn't going to ruin another moment between Harry and I, I was going to bake with him tonight and I wanted it to be a good memory.

He was so excited to cook with me and to get a glimpse of Pa's cookbook, I didn't want to take that away from him. So instead, we danced lightheartedly around his kitchen and prepared the ingredients. As soon as the pan was placed in the oven, my tiredness began to set in.

Using any strength I had I was able to hoist myself up onto the kitchen counter, rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes. Within a few seconds, Harry had wedged himself between my legs and wrapped his arms around my lower back.

"Hey, you ok baby?" He whispered, pressing his lips gently to my forehead, "I love you."

Keeping my eyes closed, I forced a smile onto my face before puckering my lips in request. Harry let out a breathy laugh before getting closer and joining our lips. It was short lived but it managed to turn my forced smile to a genuine one.

"I'm ok, thank you though. Like thank you for being you, I love you." A pink blush took over his cheeks at my words, it never failed to make me smile knowing my words had such an effect on someone so perfect.

"Aw shucks, stop it." His hands moved to rest over his heart and he batted his eyelashes.

I rolled my eyes, wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in to hug me. My face rested in the crook of his neck and he continued to dot kisses through my hair and across my temple.

This kitchen bought me a great deal of comfort, the whole house did but the kitchen in particular was such an open space that still felt cozy. The sage green cabinetry, cream bench tops and the white sheer lace curtains gave an instant sense of safety and belonging. I think it fully encapsulated Harry.

Harry himself gives off a sense of safety, security, belonging and warmth. It was in his words, in his actions, in his demeanour and in his smile. Once look at him and you would be instantly reassured that you will be ok. If you had asked me 18 months ago when I was fresh out of university, sitting opposite a Primary School Principal who intimidated the hell out of me, that I would one day find refuge in his arms, I would have laughed at you.

Twenty Two year old me sat opposite him in the conference room of the Primary School I was desperate to work at. His hair was close to touching his shoulders, a suit donned his build, tattoos were present across his hands and peeking out of the sleeves, his eyes looked into my soul and his jaw remained tense throughout the entire interview. I would never have imagined that the man who went from scaring the fuck out of me, to annoying the fuck out of me, is now loving the fuck out of me.

"I did something while you were at the supermarket and I hope you're not mad at me for what I have done." Harry's words broke the comfortable silence between us but made my lungs plead for air.

"Well I guess it depends what you did." I tried to calm my breathing while waiting for his answer but so many options were running through my mind, so many worst case scenarios were presenting themselves for me to choose from.

"I might have looked through your phone before you left, forwarded your Pa's phone number to me, waited for you to leave and then called him and told him I would book a flight for him and your Nan to come and see you." My head snapped out of his neck to stare at him wide eyed, "Please don't be mad at me, I just wanted it to be a surprise. You said you had been missing them and I wanted to see you be truly happy after everything. You deserve something like this and I hope that I didn't overstep, I just want you to be happy."

The tears were building behind my eyes and my lower lip quivered. As much as I tried to fight the vulnerability, nothing could stop as the first tear ran down my cheek quickly followed by countless others. No one had ever, in my entire life, done something as thoughtful as this. No one had ever, in my entire life, thought of me as worthy of acts like this.

I love him.

I love him so much my cheeks hurt, I love him so much my heart races, I love him so much my toes curl, I love him so much my back arches towards him, I love him so much my hands can't bear to be away from his skin, I love him so much I want to have him forever.

"You are so beyond perfect, I love you." Those three words fell from my lips hundreds of times, in between the kisses I was planting on every inch of his face. The taste of my tears mixed with the taste of him as my lips met his over and over again. I was desperate to show him how deep the love I had for him was, but no words could possibly explain such a feeling.

"You're not mad? I'm sor-" I clamped my hand over his mouth to stop his insecurities.

"I'm so far away from mad, Harry. I am so fucking grateful for you and what you have done for me. I can't even form a sentence that shows how much I love you right now."

His smile was contagious, all doubt and nerves had fallen away from his features. He was looking at me in such a way that I almost felt the need to cower away, he was looking at me like I was the most important thing in the whole world.

"You love me, hey? Is that so?" His tone was teasing as his nose rubbed against mine.

"Mmhm but don't tell anyone, it's a secret."

Harry's calloused thumbs wiped the tears from under my eyes and returned to rest on my cheeks.

"I get to meet your grandparents, I'm actually really excited." His smile met his eyes and confirmed his words.

The oven timer dinged, signalling that the Baba was finished and that our little bubble we had created needed to burst. Harry made his way over to the oven and slipped a silicon mit on his hand so he could get the tin out. I watched as he impatiently waited the five minute rest time before excitedly turning the cake out onto the wire rack.

We continued the cooking process, starting the syrup mixture on the stove for Harry to then pour over. I could have watched his face as he completed the recipe over and over again, the sense of accomplishment was evident.

I could stand in this kitchen with him forever.