thirty six.

The week flew by rather quickly. I ended up having the day off work on Wednesday because I was exhausted, but returning on Thursday wasn't as daunting after I was rested. On Tuesday night, Harry had noticed how tired I was already and insisted I have Wednesday off. We watched movies on Tuesday night until late, he didn't think I noticed but I knew it was to distract me.

It had been a week since I had fled Will and he knew that. I was incredibly appreciative that he didn't make a big deal about it but it didn't go unnoticed the effort he put into making Tuesday night enjoyable.

Thursday, he sat next to me during the staff meeting and cut a lot of long discussions short by answering any questions with, "I'll pass on any information via email regarding that sometime next week. Next question?" In doing this, he was able to cut the meeting down by almost a half hour.

Clem and I sat in her room getting ready to go out. I would be lying if I said that the thought of being surrounded by possibly drunk men tonight wasn't absolutely terrifying. I hadn't been around a group of people drinking that wasn't Will's friends since University and even then, he was there.

My dress was black with a high neck and gorgeous flared ¾ sleeves that fell to my mid thigh. I felt pretty, but it was missing something. I had decided to come and sit with Clem while she did her hair for inspiration and while she looked absolutely gorgeous, nothing was sticking out to me really.

Until I saw her makeup bag on the vanity in front of her.

"Clem, do you mind if I steal some of your makeup for tonight? I have my own foundation, mascara and things like that but I can see you have some really stunning shadow palettes. I used to love doing makeup in university and I haven't really done anything like that since then."

She slid the bag towards me and gestured towards her ample supply of brushes, "of course, what's mine is yours. If you're any good, I might get you to do my makeup from now on because I am not the best with fancy eyeshadow."

There was one bag of shadows and one bag of brushes and sponges. I carted them all towards the bathroom and began working on my face. The colours made my heart sing in nostalgia, I used to spend many hours doing my makeup to not even go anywhere, I would just wipe it off and start on the next look.

It took me around 40 minutes to finish my entire face and I was incredibly proud of myself. My skin looked the best it had in a while, the concealer and foundation worked to hide the fading bruises still present. I was quite partial to blues and silvers, I always loved the way they looked so it was only right to use those colours.

 I was quite partial to blues and silvers, I always loved the way they looked so it was only right to use those colours

Clem was out in the kitchen when I left the bathroom, I could hear the clinking together of glasses and light chatter. There were voices I hadn't heard before and my stomach flipped. Oh god, what if they didn't like me? If Harry's friends didn't like me, that would be it. I would be out, homeless, with nothing and no one. They had to like me.