thirty two.

Glass from the mirror was still scattered around the tiled floor, drops of blood were still visible on the floor where my head had been pressed as he wrapped his hands around my neck, the sink was still filled with the water he had used to dunk my head in and the contents of the bathroom cabinet I had knocked into were forming piles at its base.

It was eerie, like a shrine of my pain and suffering.

I turned on my heel and headed further into the house, I couldn't stand being in that bathroom any longer. My mind locked in on the master bedroom door and I headed in there immediately. My suitcase was ripped out from under the bed and unzipped.

"What are we prioritising?" Harry's voice spoke from the doorway.

"Everything, so not much."

I opened every cupboard and draw that held my clothes or other possessions in them and started scooping piles out and throwing it into the suitcase. As much as I tried to repress the feelings, I was sad. I was so sad that I was being run out of the place I had lived. I was sad that my survival came down to collecting my things in secret. I was sad that this was even making me sad, I should be relieved.

But I wasn't.

My life fit into a suitcase, all my experiences and adventures fit into a small suitcase. If I hadn't lived it myself, you could argue that my life never really existed. There was hardly any evidence of my being in this house. Everything I was, could be categorised into pants and shirts. Every part of who I am, somehow links back to Will.

And I despised that.

Harry soon joined me, removing all my clothes from their hangers and putting them in the suitcase as well. With the two of us moving everything, it didn't take very long at all. The kitchen was my next stop. There were two things in there I refused to leave behind. Harry followed behind me with slight confusion.

"What are you doing? Stealing his milk and bread? You got the essentials now can we please leave. I don't like the fact he can just turn up at any second." Harry rushed, he seemed angry but the anger was really hiding his nervousness.

"I didn't ask you to come. I'm not going anywhere without my things. So either fuck off out to the car or shut up and help me carry things out." Snapping at him wasn't my intention, but he had to realise that everything was 'essential' to me.

The bottom corner cupboard was my first stop. I opened the doors and started moving some of the containers, pots and dishes out of the way before my eyes landed on what I was after. I retrieved the dish I was after. It was a white casserole dish with orange and red flowers along the sides.

"Do not drop this." The dish was placed in Harry's waiting hands.

The last thing I needed before we could leave was in the drawer just behind Harry. I reached around behind him and started opening the drawer. Getting the hint, he stepped out of the way and I was able to reach in and get the book I was after.

"Now we can go." I hadn't seen Clem since she was looking in the bathroom, so I tried to find her before we headed out to the car. After looking in the bedrooms and bathrooms, I finally found her. She was standing still in the doorway that led out to the garage. Her face had a look of confusion on it, like something wasn't adding up in her mind.

"I found these near the door and thought it was a bit odd," she showed the keys and wallet to me, "I thought maybe these were his spare keys or something and he had just forgotten his wallet. But his car is still here." I followed her gaze and low and behold, Will's pride and joy was still sitting in the garage. But he drives to work?