sixteen.

Merry Christmas! I hope where ever you are in the world, you are safe and healthy and surrounded by those you love x Sending well wishes from The Great Ocean Road of Victoria, Australia.

This is a very short filler chapter because the next chapter is going to be FULL ON. Bare with me on this one xx

***********************************

The convoy of cars pulled up out the front of our house at 3pm on Sunday. Will looked shocking after his week of drinking and I instantly felt exhausted, knowing I would have to spend the afternoon making him feel comfortable. I waved to the cars as they headed off to the next drop off and helped cart Wills things into the house from the driveway.

After throwing his bag of clothes in the laundry and his swag in the garage, Will flung himself face down on the bed and groaned. I cautiously followed him into the room and closed the curtains so the room fell dark. He mumbled a pained 'thankyou' and I made my way out of the room to start the laundry.

I upended his clothes straight from the bag into the washing machine and started it. The smell of smoke from their campfire was prominent and immediately filled the space. I cracked open the little laundry window to let the smell out but not enough to let the rain in. Will needed to sleep off his hangover so he would actually be pleasant, so whatever I was going to do needed to be quiet.

"Josie?" Will called and I slowly made my way to the bedroom door before opening it and stepping in.

"Did you want some water? I can grab some panadol if you'd like?"

He groaned a no, rolled onto his back and opened his arms. A silent request for me to go and join him. Taking a deep breath in, I made my way over to lay in his arms. It had almost become a tradition for him to want to cuddle when he had a hangover, moments like those reminded me of my favourite times with Will.

I rested my head on his chest and gently placed one arm across his stomach. His arms tightened around me and he let out a content breath. Lips gently pressed to the top of my head before his breathing evened out and I knew he had fallen asleep.

After around an hour of lying completely still to not disturb Will's sleep, I pried his arms off of me and made my way into the kitchen to start making dinner. The smell of the butter and onions in my potato bake travelled around the room as I pulled it from the oven and obviously woke Will from his sleep, because the sound of a door opening and softly closing echoed down the hall.

I looked towards the kitchen doorway to see Will leaning his forehead against the wall and rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hands. His brown, floppy hair was a mess on top of his head and his shirt was crinkled from sleep. He looked like a little kid, a severely hungover little kid, but a kid nonetheless.

"I didn't think you'd be too hungry, so I only made a little bit." I spoke softly, gesturing towards the dish in front of me before reaching into the cupboards to retrieve two bowls and scooping some of the bake into each. I walked the steaming bowls into the dining room and sat them down, along with a fork each. Will sat down beside me and we ate in silence, him finishing his food before I finished mine. He shuffled a little in his chair before leaning and resting his head on my left shoulder. I reached up to scratch at his scalp with my left hand and continued to eat with my right. Still maintaining the silence we had established, Will turned his head slightly and pressed a gentle kiss to the centre of my palm before returning to his previous position and closing his eyes.

Monday morning's alarm was not greeted with open arms. I was able to move out to the couch after Will fell asleep and the lack of comfort from the mattress destroyed some of my chances at a decent sleep. Will hurling throughout the night, took the rest of my chances. I had to get up and clean his vomit off the tiles at 2am and then get him water and a bucket. I told him I was going to sleep on the couch so I didn't have to smell his vomit to cover my ass in case I slept past my alarm, which turned out to be good because I apparently snoozed my alarm numerous times. Will had already gone to work and the thought of getting up and going into school to paint was enough to form a lump in my throat.

So I didn't. I walked my tired ass into the bedroom which smelt now of antiseptic and lemon. I crawled into the bedsheets I had to remake at 2:30am and fell back to sleep. The thoughts of jobs still to do in the classroom were pushed to the back of my mind as soon as my head hit the pillow and I was fast asleep.

I woke up at 1:45pm and after a solid five hour nap, I felt decent enough to move from the bed. I made some toast as a quick lunch and after eating it all, made my way to the bathroom. The night before made me feel as though I had a layer of grime covering my skin, a soak in a bath sounded heavenly.

The water filled the tub and I sunk into the scalding hot water. My muscles relaxed and my eyes fluttered shut. The water turned cold around me after the third hour and this was my cue to get out of the tub. After I dried myself and got into fresh pajamas, it was 5:30. Will would be home in around half an hour and I was still exhausted from the night before.

Message To: William Gregory

Hey, can you pick up a pizza or something on your way home? I just can't bring myself to cook tonight x

Message From: William Gregory

Sure baby x

The couch sunk below me as I sat back down and stared at the blank TV screen.

Tomorrow was Tuesday.