thirty seven.

When I tell you that I have been WAITING to write this chapter, I mean it. This is one chapter I have had planned for over 7 months and besties... I hope it lives up the hype I have given it in my brain!
*****

The bright yellow, purple and green lights were hitting different parts of the club and illuminating the six of us intermittently. Clem had a tight grip on my hand as she dragged me towards the bar. I needed a drink, I hadn't had one in a long time and this time, I was safe to do as I wished. I could get absolutely second-hand tonight and it would be ok, I wouldn't be risking my safety by angering another person.

Clem shouted something to the waiter and within moments, twelve shot glasses were sat in front of us.

"Two for me, two for all of you. Drink up motherfuckers. Cheers!" She raised one glass and we all tapped ours together before downing the first shot.

Without hesitation, we all drank the second shot as well. Tequila. Not my favourite but at this point, I wasn't fussed. I just needed to chill out and have fun. Clem and Ella made their way to the dance floor while Harry and Michael found an empty booth against the wall to sit in.

"What do you think of us so far?" Adrian asked with a chuckle, handing me a clear drink.

I took a sip, eugh, vodka lemonade. Shit, if I wasn't paying, I'll drink whatever they give me.

"I think you and I will get along great. Ella doesn't like me and I get the vibe that Michael doesn't either. But it's ok, I'm not everyone's cup of tea. They just must like coffee." My shoulders shrugged as I leant towards him. The room was incredibly loud due to the closeness of the DJ and it was hard to hear him.

"We're going to be besties, I can tell. Don't mind Ella, she's just pissy because she's been in love with Harry for years and now you're here, Harry hardly looks her way. Michael is her brother so the only reason he's being a dick is because of blood-loyalty or some shit." Adrian lowered his head so his mouth was inline with my ear and I could hear him.

His breath on my ear mixed with the words falling from his lips made me shiver. Ella was absolutely stunning and if she was jealous that my boyfriend beat the shit out of me, resulting in Harry offering his spare bedroom, then she had deeper issues.

Besides, what did that have to do with me? I was staying with him until I got back on my feet, it's not like he invited me in because he enjoyed my company. Ella was beautiful and I'm sure she could have Harry wrapped around her finger if she wanted.

"I just don't want them to hate me so much that it divides your friendship group. Because my being here is only temporary, whereas you guys will be together for ages."

"Temporary? That's not what Harry thinks." His tone was confused, like that was the most obvious thing in the world and I had missed it.

I was about to question his words, what Harry had said to make him think that. There's no way Harry wanted me to stick around and continue to impose on his life. Clems glistening body made its way through the crowd. Her glittery gold top caught my eye immediately, her skin glowing with a thin layer of sweat from being amongst the crowd.

"Come dance, bitches." She squealed, grabbing one of our hands and dragging us with superhuman strength into the crowd.

Her eyes closed in absolute euphoria and she swayed her hips happily, mumbling along to the lyrics booming through the speakers. Adrian chuckled before starting to dance along with her, and I finally built up the courage to dance too.

The alcohol was starting to hit me, unfortunately tequila always did me dirty and ruined my tolerance. I smiled lazily and swayed with Clem. Every couple of minutes, I could feel my muscles relax even further. Clem laughed and spun around pressing her back to my front and continuing to move her hips to the music. I placed my hands on her hip bones and laughed along with her.