sixty three.

I couldn't move from the bed. My mind continued to take me to a place that scared me so I refused to move. Harry had tried to coax me to at least move to the couch so he could keep an eye on me. As much as I wanted to make his day easier and limit his babysitting stress, I just couldn't get up. I felt like such a burden but yesterday's events left such a sinking feeling in my stomach and a pounding in the back of my head.

It was about 2:00pm when Clem stormed in and told me if I didn't get up and eat something she would shave my head as I slept. I appreciated her effort but it felt like I had used all my day's energy to just sit up on the mattress.

As soon as my back lifted from the mattress, I became aware of myself. I smelt stale from yesterday's clothes, my hair was knotted in the back and my mouth was dry. If I were to go out into the lounge room, I would not only be an emotional burden but a sensory burden as well.

"I need to shower." My voice was hoarse and I cleared my throat before repeating my statement so Clem could hear.

"Ok, I'll go get the water started." Clem spun on her heel and headed into Harry's bathroom and turned the shower tap on, "Did you need anything?"

I pondered for a moment, I knew what I needed but I was having a war with myself. Would it be selfish of me to ask for it or would it be me finally putting myself first.

"Harry."

It didn't take any time at all for Clem to run out of the bedroom and get to Harry, it took even less time for him to get to me. His face lit up as soon as he entered the room and his reaction to me was enough to give me a little more energy.

"Hey, Pretty Girl." He lowered to crouch in front of me like he did just yesterday and placed his hands in mine on my lap, "what can I help you with, baby?"

Silently, I used his shoulder as leverage to stand from the mattress and he quickly followed me to stand. His hand wrapped around my waist and he held me close to his side as we walked through the bathroom door. Steam filled the bathroom and I was rather thankful because the mirror was fogged up, blocking my reflection from view.

"Shower with me?" I had no reason to be nervous but as soon as the question left my lips, pure anxiety filled my body.

Perhaps the way I had reacted to yesterday's events would deter him from wanting to be close to me like that. It played around in the back of my mind as I laid on his bed this morning. Maybe the way I had shut down would be enough for him to realise it wasn't worth the struggle. He should have someone to love, not babysit. My presence felt unwanted and I hated feeling that way again.

"Of course, do you need a hand getting undressed?" His question held no ulterior motives, just pure concern.

Nodding, I raised my arms above my head so Harry could pull my shirt up over my head. I didn't have the energy to try and conceal my stomach from his sight and I didn't have the energy to worry what he thought of the skin that hung over the waistband of my pants.

Harry discarded my shirt in the corner of the bathroom before hooking his fingers into the band of my leggings and dragging them down my legs followed closely by my underwear. My bra was unclipped and suddenly I was naked and being guided to step into the shower.

I instantly gravitated towards the hot water stream and not long after, Harry was joining me in the warmth. Neither of us said anything as we stood facing one another under the almost scalding water.

My forehead rested on his sternum and his hands slowly worked to detangle my wet hair. Cold liquid came in contact with my scalp and then fingers were massaging it into my hair. He was taking the time to gently wash and separate the strands of hair.

I had never felt love like this, the overwhelming feeling both weighed me down and lifted me up. I love Harry so much it is impossible for me to put the feeling into words. Feeling him cautiously wash the edges of my hair, trying to not get any shampoo into my eyes was gentleness I had never experienced but could definitely get used to.

"I'm sorry for fading out for a moment there, I just didn't know what to do. Everything she said just reminded me of him and I panicked." His hands stilled in my hair for a moment before continuing their work on the birds nest at the nape of my neck.

"You have nothing to apologise for, Jo. Not a thing in the world, alright?"

We fell back into comfortable silence and continued to shower. Once I felt clean enough to enter society again, the water was switched off and I was wrapped in a giant towel. We stood in the steamy bathroom facing each other for a while before I broke the silence again.

"I miss my grandparents." I choked out.

Recently I had found I was thinking of them a lot more, they occupied my dreams a lot more as well. I called them every now and again but I just have an incurable need to see them at the moment.

"I know you do, baby. Maybe we can go see them during the school holidays? We can go for a few days even?" His tone was gentle as always and I found great comfort in his words, no matter how much of a shock they were.

Will had never wanted to meet my grandparents.