chapter 6

"Don't you think that Prince should know about this?"

Prince walked inside their small house to hear someone ask that question, no, it wasn't someone but Mr. Carl. The man who had turned out to be his doll's father and also a long lost friend of his mother.

But that didn't matter now, all that he wanted to know was what he was supposed to know. He knew everything there was to know. Everything. Like his father didn't love him at all. Or that Mr. Carl had sponsored him to learn and he had just come back home from a long day at school.

Of course, his life wasn't like before. Where his father could come and pick him up or his uncle Wesley. His father wasn't going to show up and ask him why he was failing in music when his dad was a known musician in the world. And then he would be able to tell him how much he wanted to be a surgeon like his mother and not a musician. All that had changed.

When it was him and his mother before Mr. Carl got in the picture, he would wake up and get ready for school. This time his dad wasn't there to help him shower or his nanny but he had his mother with him. After morning preparation, he would foot to a near by government school since that's what he and his mother could afford and after school,he would start with selling flowers in the streets before doing his homework.

That was his life. Him and his mother. The two of them against the world, just like when he was with his father.

If Prince was being honest, he was really scared. Scared to love his mother the same way he did with his father  only to get another heart break. His dad had done it. He had promised to always be there for him. To be the best buddies in the world but what did he do? He broke his little heart into a million pieces when he gave him up without a fight or a second thought. That's why till this day he hadn't said I love you to his mother despite all those times she said it to him...

"... Prince deserves more that this, Michael." Prince heard his mother say in a low tone. It's not like she was whispering or something, it's just that she was sick this morning when he left for school and he could feel the weakness in her voice. "My son has been through a lot because of me and I won't let anything else bother him. He is happy now and that's because of you and I won't let myself cause pain in him once again."

The only part that his mother was correct was that he had been happier since he found out that she and Mr. Carl where friends. Since with that friendship came him being able to attend one of the best private school in the country and also, he got to board a bus and not trek like he had been doing for months. Then his mother had gotten a friend and she wasn't lonely any more. She was happy and so was he.

"This isn't about causing pain to your son, Kim." They had no idea that he was already inside the house and he could hear them. "Tell him before it's too late."

"But..."

"No buts here dear, you said that the doctor told you that you've two months if you're luck to leave."

What Prince didn't understand was what Mr. Carl was talking about. His mother had promised her that she had cold in the morning and she would be okay in no time. Did cold kill or something and if yes, why last that long before it did. To him, he had caught it so many times but it wasn't that dangerous or last long that a week. So why have two months?

Prince was really confused.

"I can't tell him. I can't tell my son that I am about to die and that I'll leave him all alone. With no one when I promised that I would never do that." Prince could only picture his mother in tears as she said that. " I just can't."