chapter 9

Dedicated to PreetiReddy

Ray walked inside the caffeine in their office for the first time since he began to work in Maya Fashion Design. He knew that all eyes were on him but he didn't care. Why should he when he knew he was the one intimidating them and not the other way round. He took a plate and began to fill it with food. That's what he needed at that time.

Food.

"No," he said as he took a fork and a knife with him. "We haven't chosen the place where the shooting should take place."

Ray turned away from the food and looked around for the first time since he walked in only to find people staring at him. And if he was being honest with himself, he didn't care. After all, it was the first time he felt like eating the companies lunch. Or was it because he was running late this morning that he didn't get time to make his lunch?

Shaking his head as he listen to the person on the other side, he saw an empty seat which so happened to be close to where his father was. Wait, why did he keep calling that monster of a man father? He was no father of his at all. All he ever did was donate his sperm to his mother and the rest is history.

Ray pulled his seat and sat placing his food on the table.

"Of course, the theme is about the children who are born out of rape." Ray watched Chris tense at the mention of rape. Wasn't he supposed to have moved on from what his mother did to him?

What his mother did wasn't right and he was ashamed to even think of it but then again, why did he have to pay for a mistake that wasn't his?He never asked to be born out of rape. He was just an innocent baby who happened to pay for a mistake that wasn't his.

He was the one who suffered at long last of you asked him. Chris got the love of his life and the kids that he always wanted with his lover. In fact, God was good to him to an extent of giving him blessings double double. He got twins with Maya. Every set was a twin which had him wondering if the next one was a twin or maybe triplets. Who knows.

Then the question came back to what about him? Why was life so unfair to him? Why didn't he get what he deserved? Then again, he got what he deserved. He was born out if rape and everyone knows that those kids are cursed from the time they're known to be existing.

That's why he was born in prison when everyone else is born in a hospital or in a save environment. Then after that his mother gave him away as if he was a present and asked for h to never know about her existence. What happened after that, he got a father who couldn't move on from his past and who made promises that he never kept even one. The most important one in those years as a kid.

Now it wasn't important at all.

Then only few months of his father getting the love of his life by the help of a child, he gave no shit about him but instead, he handed him out to the first person that came knocking on his door. To him he didn't care if he was happy or not, as long as the child that was born out of love or the one who made the love of his life to be away from him for all those years had to leave.

His life was all a mess and it was thanks to his parents. They made him the cold bastard that he was. The one who over worked people so that they could know when he meant a deadline, he meant it. It's only the campaign that made him change it from one month to three months. At least he needed something that talked about him and how he felt take that while.

For it to be perfect. For people to learn about the challenges that kids go through especially if you're unlucky like him in getting good parents...

Ray was pulled back from his thoughts when he heard his name being called in the Bluetooth earphone he was wearing.