chapter 7

Raymond had dreamed of this day for so long. Long than he cared to admit to himself but it was here. He never thought that it would be too soon but what could he do? She wanted to meet him and he had no other chose but to agree hence why he was standing one meter away from her.

He hadn't seen her face since her back was facing him but that didn't stop the racing heart beat inside him. If you told him a few hours ago that his heart would beat this much in it's rib cage, he would have called you crazy. Why? That's because the last time his heart beat that fast was when he got the news about his mother.

Since then, he knew he had no heart at all. That's because nothing mattered to him more than revenge. That's what he had leaved for. The reason as to why he was there in the first place. Ray tried to calm down his racing heart but each step he took it's like it increased the damn beats. It was insane and he wanted it to stop. To stop so that it could be easy for him.

That's why he optioned on counting backwards. From ten to one with each small step he took to get to her. He thought he had everything planned. Everything but as he approached her while counting slowly, he realized that everything had evaporated just like that. She shouldn't have that effect on him. She shouldn't make him feel anything but hatred. Then why was he feeling so many emotions? Why was it that he was thinking twice and he rounded her seat and came face to face with her.

Ray watched as the woman stand up from her seat the moment she locked her eyes on his. It's like she recognized him for who he was when he hadn't even introduced himself to her yet. He watched her let her gaze room all over his body, from his head to toe and back up again. She knew something that he didn't. How didn't he know that? Well the look on her face said it.

Rubbing his hands on his pants to get ride of the sweat that was pouring like water due to nervesness, he checked her out too. She hadn't aged even one bit. She still looked like that sweet woman that he had known her to be from the stories he had been told and the few time he had been with her. His eyes went from her green eyes to only stop at her belly, sweet Jesus, he thought he had all the information about them.

This wasn't good at all. He knew it the moment his eyes felt like they're going to pop out of their socket. She couldn't be, could she?

"You must be Mr. Carl?" His attention was called back to her eyes when she spoke. Still the same sweet voice.

But aren't the sweet things the most dangerous once. Just think, when you eat sweet things and don't brush your teeth, then they destroy your teeth. Just like the way her sweetness destroyed his childhood. It was her fault that his father never fought for him. Her fault that his dad moved on with his life like he didn't have another kid out there.

How else do you expect him to see things? He had grown up with someone who wasn't even there for him. He was never there now thinking about it. Because all Chris ever did while Ray was growing up was moan about his dead wife. If he wasn't crying himself to sleep at night, he was seeing her in different women.

Yes, he might have been a kid back then but he wasn't stupid at all. He heard his father talk with his best friend. And he understood everything. Including him wanting to kill himself before he received a call about Ray being born.

Ray wanted to cry at the realization. His father never gave two shits about him from the start. He never cared at all. If that call had come a few minutes later, then he would have grown up in prison with his mother. And when time came for him to be separated with her, he would be handed over from one foster family to another.

Then again, it didn't make any difference because at the end of it all, he grew up in a foster family when his father was busy with his family. From the looks of things, his father was happy. He was happy that Prince wasn't around. He moved on quite well. Four kids and another on the way. Is it another or others? With Maya's history, she must be carrying twins.